Continued insanity....

jimjimbo

OK, so have a chance to take a look at some CF-3's and Forte's in a couple of weeks...neither of which I have ever heard, and consequently know little about other than the usual google research....

Not that I need them of course, but, given the opportunity to acquire at a good price.....

Wondering how the CF-3's compare to KLF's (XX), and what the accepted sale price is nowadays considering in very good condition.  Forte's may be offered in the same deal, so asking for guidance on price separately and together with the CF-3's, again, in VG condition.

Wow, lots of things coming up for sale these days....

I'm going to use some very rough numbers, and of course you know how to judge condition.  I'm going to say CF-4 usually tops this pyramid around $800, then $200 less per size/woofer, 12", 10", 8" and 6.5".  The CF-x series first gen (out of three versions 1994-95-96), would bring $100-200 premium.

So I'll say "average" price in average condition with grills might be:

CF-4 $800

CF-3 $600

CF-2 $400 (I saw these listed FS recently in the Kforums for $220)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Great info, thanks.  First Gen, meaning, what should I look for when inspecting these?  Do I need to dig into the crossovers or?  Serial number clues?

Geez, I guess I need to get out more....Cornwall's, La Scala's, Belle's, Heresy's...you mean there are others?   :P

I have seen some commentary regarding 1st generation, 2nd, etc. CF's, and am wondering what is the difference, how to tell which is which?  Thanks for any help.

I saw your later post where you got the info you needed, but here is a pic of the gen 1 with grey horn (not black).  The port is 5" long, instead of 3" for later models.

post-58280-0-21680000-1417633031_thumb.j

I have had cf's , klf's and fortes,

I would rank them klf, then forte then cf's

I had cf 2's and they seriously needed a sub with them, the fortes were 2's and were a little better than some Heresy's I had and the klf's I have had are 20's and 30's so I have never have heard 10's.....maybe not apples to apples.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk