compression drivers vs. not in reference II

Curious about the tweeters in Reference II's.  None of the Reference II speakers say compression drivers, they're all tweeters.  But, they used to be labeled as such.  For example, RC-64, RF-7, RS-62, they all said compression drivers.  RC-64ii, RF-7ii, RS-62ii, they all say tweeters.  So, did they actually change?  If so, why, if not, why the change in verbiage?  

From a non-autophile standpoint...if I said the phrase "compression driver" to you, you may not know what I'm talking about. However when I say "tweeter"...

There may have been a change though. I have never been a fan of of the II line, and it doesn't look to be getting better.

• Like 2

Compression driver + horn lens = tweeter

http://www.klipsch.com/rf-7-ii-floorstanding-speaker

True on the surrounds, except the RF-7ii's has a 1.75" tweeter.  It's like these things are named three different ways, either a compression driver + horn, or a 5" tweeter talking about the assembly, or the 1-1.75" tweeter which is talking about the compression driver.  

Anyway, it's all good, was just a little confusing due to inconsistencies.