Epic CF3 amp

rbtwsp

Bob, lots more info is needed for recommendations including the size and furnishings of your listening room, level at which you listen, type of music, where you sit in relation to the speakers, and so on.  Those speakers are so efficient that you shouldn't need much power unless you listen at exceedingly high levels.

Maynard

You may also want to contact Justin Weber at ampsandsound.com for some great advice.  Justin is very knowledgeable about tube amps and Klipsch speakers and is a really nice guy to deal with, and of course, a valued member of this forum.  I have one of his amps, and it is awesome.  Have fun.

Edited by jimjimbo

Hi,

I,  just posted this in the 2 channel audio section, here is what I said there;

I am considering running my CF3's on 8 watts SET. I listen to classical with some large orchestral, will this be enough power? I previously used a Yamaha solid state with 100 wpc. My other option would be a hybrid integrated. Please tell me what you think.

I don't listen at really high levels, the Yamaha seemed to have plenty of power, not sure I needed that much.

My room is about 12'x20', wood floor with a large area rug, partially open on one side, window and drapery on the other

Thanks

The single most powerful sounding amps I have ever heard are a set of Serious Stereo 2A3 mono blocks they sound like 250 watt amps that just don't play that loud. So you will need to listen to a bunch of amps for yourself. This is not something that you can learn on line, some like 45's (3/4 of a watt) some 2A3 some 300B some 6L6 the list goes on and on and every circuit will sound different and tube brands sound different. The real fun is in the finding out, there is no destination only the journey. Best regards Moray James.