Heresy II's compared to l's?

bert9576

I recently purchased 2pairs of Heresy I's but now have the option to buy 2pairs of Heresy II's for almost the same price (but the speakers are in much better condition). I would then turn around and sell the original 2 pairs to cover the 2nd purchase.

Does anybody have any opinions on the difference between the two generations? Do they sound similar or is there a marked difference in quality? What about demand...do fans usually prefer the older vintage because of the history?

Thanks in advance.

Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a pair of 1s and 2s. They are in different rooms on different set ups. So I cant say what one is better. I'm thinking about putting them side by side and doing a comparison.

The 1s are going to sell for more normally. But I have read many say they liked the 2s way better. Better bass and better tweet.

Edited by Cinema_head
  • Like 2

I have a pair of 1s and 2s. They are in different rooms on different set ups. So I cant say what one is better. I'm thinking about putting them side by side and doing a comparison.

The 1s are going to sell for more normally. But I have read many say they liked the 2s way better. Better bass and better tweet.

Thanks Cinema Head...he had sold one pair before I got to him so rather than breaking my pairs, I passed on the deal. Thanks for the info though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard them in the same room either, but I noticed that the very first 1s sounded different (much duller & muddier) from the later 1s.  The earlier 1s may have had the tweeters turned down a bit???  The later 1s sounded very clear and nice.  I'm one of the ones who really like the sound of K77 (T35) tweeters.  They have a good, brassy sound, and, IMO, don't sound like bacon frying, as has been alleged.

I used a pair of 2s at work for about a year, then used them as surrounds in two different rooms.  They sound clear and neutral.

Neither the 1s nor the 2s have as much low bass as I would want, but with an 80 Hz crossover to a sub they sound just fine.

Edited by Garyrc
  • Like 1

I really like the k77 also. I tried changing it but went back to it. My Cornwalls sound really good to my ears with the k77 in them. They have the square k77 if that even matters. 

i have the square magnet k77s in Klipschorns and a Belle.  I also have round magnet k77s in a home brew TV sound system in the bedroom.  They all sound good.  Some people have reported that the round magnet ones sometimes have a hard time going up to 17K, or even 13 to 16K ... that is not true of mine, and, years ago, with an old JBL test record ("Sessions" I, I think) I could clearly hear a 15 K (I think I remember) cut-off from behind the speaker (reflecting off of "live" room walls).  The square mags in the Khorns and Belle respond well to a 16K test tone, and with Audyssey FLAT, as measured with REW, they go up to 17K quite well (down about 2 dB, RE: 1K =0)

Edited by Garyrc
  • Like 1