I'm Simplifying My System

russ69

I'm simplifying my system. Well, better wording might be I'm simplifying my systems, five systems to be exact. I needed more space in my small music room so I got rid of my large speakers and bought a pair of small stand mounted monitors. Buying more stuff is simplifying isn't it?

• Like 1

I got rid of my large speakers and bought a pair of small stand mounted monitors.

What kind?

Interpretation:  He could have meant what kind of small speakers did you buy, but but I'm thinking he meant that if you have other "large (Klipsch) speakers" you are getting rid of at give-a-way prices, we're here for you! 

Edited by wvu80

I might get burned at the stake if I revel that...

OMG he brought some Bose, lol.

Funny you should mention that. I owned a pair of 901 series one, back in the day. So one day I thought, why not play with a new pair of series VIs? Oh God they are dreadful. Bose pretty much engineered the sound out of those things. The series ones were fun just as the Stereophile test wrote back in the day but the new ones are just terrible. 

Sorry, no speakers for sale at this time, I just moved things around and put some into storage under the stairs. Oh...I do have a little used pair of 901s...cheap! 

• Like 1

Loved my roommates Bose 901's back in College.

Often thought a pair would be fun to try as Surround...

Just get that idea right out of your head. I'm not a Bose basher but just about anything will sound better than the new 901s. Like I say they worked on solving the efficiency issues and totally ruined them. If they remade the first series I would support your project but the newer ones blow.

• Like 1