Southbend IN RB 35 HT system

derrickdj1

I am trying to contact him.  I have wanted a pair of bookshelf speakers.  The RB 35 should be similar to the RB 75 or 81.  I favor the 6 in. horn over larger ones since I would pair it with a sub.

Good luck to you. I've never heard nor seen either. According to the specs, the 75 weighs a ton more, diggs deeper and had a much larger horn driver.

• Like 1

The RB 35 should be similar to the RB 75 or 81

Similar to the 81 but no where near the 75.  

I owned three pairs of RB-35's and loved them.  Even after I bought my 75's, I still had a difficult time letting go of the 35's.

With that said, the RB-75 is as close to a floorstanding speaker as I have ever heard.  They are that good.

Good luck,

Bill

I snagged the system for much less that the original CL post.  I specifically wanted bookshelf speakers so I can use them upstairs somewhere and pass the WAF, lol.  The guy even threw in the stands so, a complete 5.0 system.  This will go in a smaller room and hopefully be used occasionally, lol

• Like 1

Good for you. I noticed this on my craigslist search as well a few weeks back. I was trying to come up with any reason possible to buy it. Unfortunately I had no use for any of it. Why can't the great deals ever be what I'm looking for!!??

I have been looking for some RF 3' for over a year.  The one's that came up were to high or in bad shape.

I finally hooked these speakers up and all I can say is WOW,  very clear and detailed.  They cast a large sound stage and the RC 35 is no slouch.  These are in the same location that my RF 7 system is in for the comparison.  This should be fun setting up another room.  These speakers are great for music and HT.

I finally hooked these speakers up and all I can say is WOW,  very clear and detailed.  They cast a large sound stage and the RC 35 is no slouch.  These are in the same location that my RF 7 system is in for the comparison.  This should be fun setting up another room.  These speakers are great for music and HT.

That is awesome.

Great deal, great sound. :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:   What else can you ask for? :)

Bill

This will be the complete system for whatever room this ends up in minus the sub for now.  Most likely another 18 in. little dude, lol.  Bill, you were right, these are amazing bookshelf speakers.  I love the sound with music of the 6.5 woofers, make for a nice midrange.

Edited by derrickdj1

Bill, you were right, these are amazing bookshelf speakers.

Did you doubt me? ;)  :D

I love the sound with music of the 6.5 woofers, make for a nice midrange.

RB-35's have 8's but correct on the RC-35.

Are you sure they are 35's?  They look more like 25's next to the RC-35.

Bill 

Edited by willland

This will be the complete system for whatever room this ends up in minus the sub for now.  Most likely another 18 in. little dude, lol.  Bill, you were right, these are amazing bookshelf speakers.  I love the sound with music of the 6.5 woofers, make for a nice midrange.

ORRRRRR you can buy this and I'll meet you halfway! 

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/154394-fs-dayton-ultimax-12-subwoofer-kit-300/

Yes, they are RB 35's with the 8 in. woofer and the RC 35 and RS 35 have the 6.5 in. woofer.  I don't think I need these stands.

ORRRRRR you can buy this and I'll meet you halfway! https://community.kl...woofer-kit-300/

I will keep you in mind once I have a room that is ok with the wife to put this system in.  I will have to decide if I want to build another 18 in. sub.  Vented would be my choice but, the box get's very large.  What size driver is in your sub?

Edited by derrickdj1

How do just the RB 35s sound by themselves?

My 3 1/2 yr. old son told me the other day he wanted speakers for his room, so I figured I'd get him some bookshelf speakers for his birthday. I want to get him some that I would enjoy listening to also.

How do just the RB 35s sound by themselves?

My 3 1/2 yr. old son told me the other day he wanted speakers for his room, so I figured I'd get him some bookshelf speakers for his birthday. I want to get him some that I would enjoy listening to also.

I had no complaints with the three pairs I have owned.  Full open sound, well extended bass, plenty of detail.

Replaced one pair with RF-63's(upgrade).  Replaced another pair with RB-75's(upgrade).  Flipped another pair in a full RB-35 HT rig.($$$)

I recently contemplated jumping on a pair locally just because I like them.

Bill