trade forte 1 for forte2?

considering selling my forte 1's & was curious if anyone would be interested in an even up trade before i actually list them for sale?

what i have: original fortes in oiled walnut in like new excellent condition. bought from the original owner, an elderly man that was selling because he was moving to an assisted living facility & could not keep them.  he ONLY listened to classical music on them.  funny story, when i was lookig at them i asked if i could remove one of the covers,  his reply was,  "those covers dont come off"  i convinced him they did indeed come off & when removing them noticed how the pegs were VERY tight in the rubber inserts & hard to get started to pull off.  the woofers had never seen daylight untill that day...  he was surprised to see the horns & woofer.  the woofer had probably never even moved from real volume or bass.  the speakers are literally in mint condition & sound like new, i believe the woofers arent even broken in yet as the bass seemed to improve with light to medium volume classic rock played in the first few days.  i have never heard the series 2 forte but cant imagine how they could improve much on the original, they sound incerdible... & i have owned many klipsch including k-horns & the big cf-4's among many others.  pound for pound i think the fortes have to be one of if not the best speakers klipsch has ever made.

what im looking for: a pair of forte 2's in either oiled walnut or oak finish.  no black. no junk or beat up ones, average condition or above & working properly.  so basically if anyone wnts to trade their nice forte 2's for minty forte1's reply here or by PM to discuss.  if not, they may be up for sale in the near future. 

any & all opinions are welcome on a trade like this.  thanks!

Edited by klipschfancf4

I have been a forte II owner since I bought a pair new in 1992.  I have found over the last 20 plus years that forte and forte II fans are both deeply entrenched as to why they prefer 1 version over the other.  I think you will have better luck selling yours and buying a pristine pair of forte II.

Good luck!

Best regards,

John

ive read the posts comparing the 2 also,  & many of the opinions say it was hard to tell the difference between them... maybe a slight edge to the 2's.  of course some claim a big improvement but almost as many say very close & some like the originals better.  freq range is about the same.

i agree selling them is probably easiest, just wanted to put it out there incase anyone really wanted the originals or wants the walnut finish more than oak or to improve on the condition of theirs.  probably have to be pretty close to avoid shipping or transport hassles too.  so yeah... will probably end up just selling them when im ready.   ;)

Edited by klipschfancf4

i have never heard the series 2 forte but cant imagine how they could improve much on the original, they sound incerdible.

From MY experience, the only thing I can really say that is "better" about the forte'II over the forte' is in placement forgiveness.  The forte'II is more placement friendly due to the larger tractrix midhorn in that it can sound better off axis than the forte'.  The forte' is a bit more fickle with the toe in/out IMO.  Once you get either one placed "correctly", very little difference in sound IMO.

Bill