heresy cinema series

harmony08

Klipsch cinema series chrs Heresy speakers   ....saw these in a speaker repair shop today for $450   I can't find any information about them.  I was told that they are used for commercial purposes....a picture? All I know is that they look like the Heresy II   in black - with risers.   If I didn't buy them they are going on EBAY soon.  Non of these to be found on EBAY.  I would appreciate any thoughts.

harmony08

• Like 1

thanks for the responses. I remember also being told that these are almost identical to the heresy except the tweeter is different. For a smaller room, these might be a bit much for me if they are for commercial purposes...and maybe too steep in price (?).

So which model was it?

Personally, if it was the KP-250's and they were in very good condition, I think the price is very reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...

No, there was a TH version of a Heresy, early surround speaker only had the woofer and mid. This was before the X-curve crossover, so not sure the frequency response of the speaker. I'd imagine PWK just let the mid driver run out and fall off naturally. 

Other Heresy sized pro boxes include HIP, HI, dang there was another one I owned one of and I forget the name now HP-1 maybe. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No, there was a TH version of a Heresy, early surround speaker only had the woofer and mid. This was before the X-curve crossover, so not sure the frequency response of the speaker. I'd imagine PWK just let the mid driver run out and fall off naturally. 

Other Heresy sized pro boxes include HIP, HI, dang there was another one I owned one of and I forget the name now HP-1 maybe. 

here is what they look like

IMG_0794.jpg
  • Like 1

here is what they look like

IMG_0794.jpgA

O.K., those are obviously 2 way, and probably wouldn't be considered full range. 

Does anyone know when they were made?  When I was very young, I used to haunt CinemaScope equipped theaters.  They typically had surround speakers around the sides, and across the back.  In Fox West Coast theaters, the small surrounds that were  low enough to peer through the grille of often had JBL D130 speakers -- 1 way, "extended range" 15 " speakers -- with a bright aluminum cap in the center, and no tweeter.  They were fine speakers, but had very rolled off treble.  Perhaps that's what they wanted for surounds in those days.  Across the bay in San Francisco, there was a 70 mm Todd-AO theater equipped by Ampex & JBL under contract to Todd-AO/Magna.  That theater had relatively huge surrounds; they looked like they were JBL C40s, or the indusrial/cinema equivalents.  They sure sounded like they had good response, i.e., were "full" range.

The 2 way Klipsch speakers shown may fall part way between the two described above in frequency response.

here is what they look like IMG_0794.jpg
That's interesting... I don't believe I've ever seen those. What is the exact model name/number? Thanks for posting the photo. Edited by GPBusa

here is what they look like IMG_0794.jpg
That's interesting... I don't believe I've ever seen those. What is the exact model name/number? Thanks for posting the photo.

it is a Heresy 2 way for theater surround use, 7Khz roll-off.    , badges at the back would say HERESY -