iNuke ohm Question

Fizik

Can an iNuke run at 2 ohms in bridged mode or will it shut off the amp?

I'm wiring up a dual 12in subwoofer. Both woofers are 500rms and have dual 8ohm voice coils. So I can either wire them for 32 ohms (not going to happen) or 2 ohms.

I saw somewhere else that the 3000dsp puts out around 1000 rms into 1 channel at 2 ohms, so I may have to go that way if it can't be run at 2ohms in bridged mode.

Other option is I can cancel my iNuke order and get a different amp that can handle it of anyone has any other suggestions.

Thanks

You have dual 8 ohm drivers?  I have seen dual 2 and 4 ohm types but, not 8 ohm.  What drivers do you have? Running 2 ohm load is a lot of stress on an amp.  You can always try and see how things go.  Most place will give you 30 days on the return from ID companies.

Edited by derrickdj1

Are you building this like an epic? Dual opposed in a single box? Or seperate boxes?

If one box run each sub in parallel for a 4ohm total then in series together for a 8ohm mono load. Bridge the inuke 3000 or 6000 for that would be just fine b

If seperate then each in a series would give you 4 ohm per channel. I nuke 6000 loves 4ohm per channel. That's what I run.

Are you building this like an epic? Dual opposed in a single box? Or seperate boxes?

If one box run each sub in parallel for a 4ohm total then in series together for a 8ohm mono load. Bridge the inuke 3000 or 6000 for that would be just fine b

If seperate then each in a series would give you 4 ohm per channel. I nuke 6000 loves 4ohm per channel. That's what I run.

I'll put up a build thread soon, but it is in a single box and the stacked vertically. Forgot about the 8 ohm option, but the inuke won't put out much power at that ohm load. I'll probably just put a different terminal in and run it at 4 ohms per channel. Should give me about 620 rms per channel which should be just fine.

Edited by Fizik

I'll put up a build thread soon, but it is in a single box and the stacked vertically. Forgot about the 8 ohm option, but the inuke won't put out much power at that ohm load. I'll probably just put a different terminal in and run it at 4 ohms per channel. Should give me about 620 rms per channel which should be just fine.

sounds like you answered your own question. I bought those speakon cables for my inuke and I like it. They seem to stay nice and snug. Even though the ones I bought ended up being Pyle brand, they actually look reasonably well made and feel sturdy. Back when I was doing PA stuff all we had were those awful 1/4 phone plugs.

Bryant 

I guess I don't really understand why you need another terminal on the box.  I've never seen it done that way.  Either series or parallel the voice coil at the driver and run 2 wires to the terminal.

There are two drivers, not one. So I'm going to put in a bi-wire terminal box, that way each subwoofer can be wired to 4 ohms and run on separate channels.

Edited by Fizik

I've had my Behringer wired for a 2 Ohm per side load for the last 7 or 8 years.  Never had a hick up.

Yes they give power ratings for two ohms per channel, but being bridged would drop it to 1 ohm per channel and it doesn't appear to be 1 ohm stable. But good to know it can run that low for that many years with no issues.

I've had my Behringer wired for a 2 Ohm per side load for the last 7 or 8 years.  Never had a hick up.

Yes they give power ratings for two ohms per channel, but being bridged would drop it to 1 ohm per channel and it doesn't appear to be 1 ohm stable. But good to know it can run that low for that many years with no issues.

The only amp I ever had that was one stable per channel (not bridged) was a Sunfire.  It was 300w @8, 600w  @4, 1200w @2 and 2400w @1Ohm per side.