Let's design a box for a K510

Coytee

Horn is 15"x9" (outside dimensions)

Depth with a TAD-4002 attached is about 12"

How tall/wide would you make the front motorboard to be sufficient in size to hold the 510 and give it some good sized spacing from the edge of the horn to the edge of the box?

What woods might you make it out of? 

Would you use plywood for entire box?

would you use solid woods for entire box?

If kept visible on top of say, a LaScala, would you mix/match some woods for aesthetic purposes?  (if so, which woods where?)

Would you make a full bottom for it?

How would you deal with wires?  Put some kind of binding post on the back, attach leads inside the box that would then be mounted to the driver?

Build a little grill for it?  Leave driver exposed?

Glue/dovetail the box together or perhaps use some brass screws to add something of interest?

I think a Klipschorn style tophat that matches the bottom would be a great match.

Not wrapping the grille around the sides like the Khorn but square with surround moulding like the older style LaScala.

Matching grilles are a must, lots of great options for materials out there if you think outside the box, even a quality burlap can look nice and can be dyed if tan is not your color,

I think it would depend on the bass bin you are using it with. If you are putting it on a Q-pie, you might want it a bit taller. For a LS bin, matching the width build materials and the finish. Same goes for a KPT-904, match the width, materials and finish.

So for a LaScala, it would be 3/4" Baltic Birch with finish to match the bass bin. I like the idea of recessed for a grille like Tas and Jason brought up.

For the Q-pie, I would make it wedge shaped, and use one of those poles to rise it up to ear level in PA setups.

For the 904, I would make it look exactly like the 904. Those have nice deep 1" recesses, and a guy could put grilles in them and the new 510 tophat.