RF83 with RC64ii, RF82ii and twin RC62ii(I am so excited)

robbiey60

Whatever you do don't watch a movie really loud with no subs. LFE channel is a different animal than music. I used to do reference music all the time with no sub. -15 is about as loud as I played a movie once with subs off and my 63's running full range and I will tell you I was NERVOUS! Lot of excursion. Much more and I feared woofers were gonna start getting damaged.

Whatever you do don't watch a movie really loud with no subs. LFE channel is a different animal than music. I used to do reference music all the time with no sub. -15 is about as loud as I played a movie once with subs off and my 63's running full range and I will tell you I was NERVOUS! Lot of excursion. Much more and I feared woofers were gonna start getting damaged.

I agree totally.  Considering the effort for you to obtain these wonderful speakers, the risk of driver damage is not worth it. :o

Enjoy your new toys, don't break them. ;)  :D

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

Yea music is depending on my mood 2.0 with a bit of eq or 2.1 with no eq, subs a bit hot. Movies subs are always on

I agree totally. Considering the effort for you to obtain these wonderful speakers, the risk of driver damage is not worth it. :o

Enjoy your new toys, don't break them. ;):D

Bill

Yea they didnt stay at that level for long, breaking these beauties is the last thing I want to do. Have had the 82iis at that level multiple times and for prolonged periods thats why I tried. It is nice to know they did it lol

Ok all set up. I must say it is a bit overkill and will probably drop back to just 5.1 but I needed to know how they all sound together. Have watched a few movies and running a  flagship front 3 has made me aware of things I have not noticed before. 1st I can now hear when re-eq is enabled or disabled. Up until now I have never been able to hear the difference, now it definitely sounds brighter when disabled. 2nd there is a clear difference in sound between the rc64ii and the rf83s. Not enough to seriously annoy me but I can clearly hear the 64 is quite a bit brighter than the 83s. If I enable thx processing it brings them closer but like I said it really doesn't bother me as they all still sound amazing together. These 83s in 2ch are incredible, incorporated into my system they have raised it to the next level. 

post-56828-0-67800000-1429604151_thumb.j

post-56828-0-90640000-1429604213_thumb.j

post-56828-0-58440000-1429604268_thumb.j

post-56828-0-76960000-1429604318_thumb.j

• Like 1