Klipsch Forte II's for sale

cdrdenton

17 hours ago, USNRET said:

Are you set on Forte IIs or can any other trip your trigger..trigger...horse...oh, never mind.

Not set in stone.  Here's the thing - I'm a real newbie, not technologically savvy, and am putting together stereo components so I can listen to the vinyl collection (mostly blues and jazz) I inherited from my dad.  My receiver is a Marantz 2270.  I'm trying to learn as much as I can about speakers but there's so much to know it's pretty overwhelming. Add to that the fact that because I'm looking for vintage speakers I can't just walk into a store to listen to them to get a better sense of what I like/don't like/ though I'm going to listen to current-day Klipsch speakers this weekend. From the advice I've gotten online in re: speakers that go well with the Marantz (minus the ones I can't afford right now, which is most of them) I narrowed it down to Klipsch KG4s, Forte II's and the large Advent.  Comments I've read re: KG4 vs Forte II leans heavily toward the Forte II.  I found a pair of Advents on Craigslist and am trying to arrange a time to make the hour drive to hear them next week.  Hi ho Silver. 8 - )

Hope, please tell us more about the room you will be putting these in; size, ceiling height, carpet, tile, etc. this will have a MAJOR impact on final sound. Say more about the "current day Klipsch" you plan to hear as there is a wide variety and some are ...well, some are not what the brand was built on.