Craigslist in your town

Guest Steven1963

HMMMmm?? Here is a thought....

Something that was actually invented by PWK like used LaScalas or used Klipschorns1 I bought an RF-7 setup for my parents and the difference in Clarity is considerable if you can actually A/B them.

Just get in touch with Youthman, he is a moderator here and has owned the RF-83's, RF-7s, RF-7IIs all at the same time and did not like the way the LaScalas looked, but he bought a pair used and it made him a believer. He bought a third LaScala and uses them for his front three in his home theatre and did a big write up on it with many pictures.

If sound is important to you, you will find someone on the forum close to you and listen to some Heritage models for yourself!!

Have a fun trip down the Rabbit hole!!

Roger

Good suggestions & candidates for future consideration. My current space is average 14' x 16' x 8' & I always presumed that La Scala's or (say a new series such as the KTP-904's) were for use with much larger spaces. But, clarity, dynamic range... is clarity & dynamic range no matter the space. Something to think about.

Funny, I had recently posted about a possible amp change in my set-up, purely for the mundane, practical need of expansion. Wasn't spending $$$ to drastically change SQ per say (just the need for more channels). Your approach would be $$$ spent to improve/enhance the SQ experience, where the impact would be more tangible. Food for thought.

If you have the corners, get some Klipschorns, if you don't, get some LaScalas and run a sub.

Is your little room big enough?... No!

Is it going to sound optimal?..... No!

Am I going to hear an audible improvement? ....Yes, most definitely!

And if you hold onto them, you may still have them when you get a bigger space. ;)

Speakers are ALWAYS the best bang for your buck improvement till you get up to this level at least anyhow....

Roger

And while you're at it you can ditch this attitude.

Ditch my attitude?

Not really. No need to ditch anything on my part.

Satire. Parody. 

Merely visual commentary from me. By now it has be discussed ad nauseam... but I'll briefly engage you (despite your attempt to highjack this thread & regurgitate the tired, old & now closed thread). From its origin, the topic was admittedly borderline by most, and day-after-day-after-day the subject dominated the forum and became more & more argumentative & ugly. Granted many off topic subjects are discussed in the Lounge (by off topic, I refer to non Klipsch/Audio topics). When the pendulum swung so far from a "Speaker Forum" & was dominated by politics & race.... the header was a parody & commentary. I could have responded on the Baltimore thread with some verbose reply & bloviated endlessly with a long winded diatribe.... but my visual parody summed it up perfectly & was much more succinct.

But thanks for reviving a dead & now removed topic. Not sure what the point was other than to derail another innocent thread. If you were attempting to embarrass me or something... that failed. I thought the politics & race comment were ugly & out of place on a speaker forum. Still feel the same way as I type now. 

Edited by Nismo

The point was to get a better explanation from you than the first one which was given in that post.  Thank you.

Well... if you have the graphic... you saw it in the context it was originally posted. I also included the fact that if things keep going the way they were... might was well change the top banner, because it was getting hard to tell I was actually on a speaker forum. I even attempted to lighten the mood by saying "Hey, I was just at the Baltimore Orioles Forum & a Klipsch thread broke out." Throwing it here like a grenade without the rest of my post if kinda shady. 

Somewhat related.... I wasn't even going to acknowledge your new thread about "who has the balls", because why should I indulge such a yet another adversarial post. But to answer your question.... I freely share (no balls needed for such) that I never reported a thread or a post, nor have I ever contacted a mod about a thread or post. Everyone on the Baltimore thread posted their opinions & I clearly shared my humorous comment on the thread (not with a mod). 

• Like 1

Hey good for you on the anti snitch thing.  However, the text of your original post was actually more whiny than the graphic.  By not exposing it I was not being shady but merely not confusing the issue.  If you would like, I will gladly post the text as well.  For the record, you did not say in the post "hey I was just at the Baltimore orioles forum and a Klipsch thread broke out."  There was no light mood in the post at all.

I had let it die at post 27.  Then he comes back with his fabrication or lets just say distorted memory which questioned my integrity.  I responded with what I know to be true or at least what the evidence is in front of me.  I think you would do the same.

Hey good for you on the anti snitch thing.  However, the text of your original post was actually more whiny than the graphic.  By not exposing it I was not being shady but merely not confusing the issue.  If you would like, I will gladly post the text as well.  For the record, you did not say in the post "hey I was just at the Baltimore orioles forum and a Klipsch thread broke out."  There was no light mood in the post at all.

Yawn.

Manufactured drama. Maybe you didn't see my post about a Klipsch thread breaking out on the Baltimore Orioles Forum...  but that doesn't change the fact that I posted it there. Several members even "liked" the post. 

Whiny? Can't help you there. I cannot help how you read or interpret words typed on a post. Ask 10 people & they'll probably give you 10 different points of view on any post. Funny with everything posted on that thread... you took offense to the graphic I created (which only took about 2 minutes to create, but I digress).  I feel it was spot on.

Yawn.

Manufactured drama. Maybe you didn't see my post about a Klipsch thread breaking out on the Baltimore Orioles Forum...  but that doesn't change the fact that I posted it there. Several members even "liked" the post. 

Whiny? Can't help you there. I cannot help how you read or interpret words typed on a post. Ask 10 people & they'll probably give you 10 different points of view on any post. Funny with everything posted on that thread... you took offense to the graphic I created (which only took about 2 minutes to create, but I digress).  I feel it was spot on.

I can't speak to what went on in another thread, and I personally do not care, but I do consider this place a second home for myself and take great personal offense at what you created as taken out of context.

Yes, we are all opinionated, but this is a family of sorts and I take the racial context very personally as posted, out of context, towards those that I might call friends...

Roger

Yawn.

It's not drama at all.  for the record your post with that line was completely separate from the one with your graphic.  I applaud your talent at its quick creation.  What some took offense to more than the graphic was the tone of the text in that one post.  Enough said.  I was already satisfied with your explanation but if you'd like to carry on with this by all means suit yourself.

I have a short temper, that has been proven more than once here....

If you don't already know about the Hope gathering and subsequent banned forum member, you can give me a call oldtimer, otherwise I am heading to bed in the next few minutes.

Roger

I'm tired too Roger, let's speak another time.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Apologies to Steven1963...  someone chose to publicly "call me out" on your thread. Against my better judgement, I took the bait... as I felt it required a public response. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. lol

• Like 1

Guest Steven1963

lol....  my RF/C/S-7's are like a comfortable pair of shoes. Owned them for 14 years... pretty much since the day they came out. 

They've been great for HT & have matched well with every space I've put them. Not sure what I would upgrade to.

HMMMmm?? Here is a thought....

Something that was actually invented by PWK like used LaScalas or used Klipschorns1 I bought an RF-7 setup for my parents and the difference in Clarity is considerable if you can actually A/B them.

Just get in touch with Youthman, he is a moderator here and has owned the RF-83's, RF-7s, RF-7IIs all at the same time and did not like the way the LaScalas looked, but he bought a pair used and it made him a believer. He bought a third LaScala and uses them for his front three in his home theatre and did a big write up on it with many pictures.

If sound is important to you, you will find someone on the forum close to you and listen to some Heritage models for yourself!!

Have a fun trip down the Rabbit hole!!

Roger

To further this line: I had lasacalas and Khorns at the same time and they sounded identical. I replaced the worn out networks in the Khorns and performed another side by side and the lascalas sounded terrible next to them after that.

The moral: replace your networks if your speakers are more than 20 or so years old.

Edited by Steven1963