my new Forte II's

sivert

I just got a pair of Forte II's from a local seller. The only problem is - they smell like smoke. This is objectionable to me, but I have always wanted some better speakers (I'm using KG2.2v's as mains) so I bought them.

So...

1- does anyone know how to get the smoke smell out?

2- If this is impossible, then is there a smoker out there who would like to buy them?

I live in Iowa.

dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dan,

Try using Fabreze....it's pretty good about removing odors...

remove the grills and mist them, try once a day or a few times a week until the smell is gone.

Good luck...

Bev

------------------

Love & kisses on your Klipsch's!!!

Hey Fini!

Thanks for the warm welcome back....

I've been going crazy building a house for the past year...but I'm almost done...

I'm still Klipsching...just picked up another pair of Forte II's to use as front & rear centers, with my Chorus II mains, and Forte II rears. Now I just need to finish my house so I can enjoy the whole setup!

cwm38.gif

Bev

------------------

I get good results using Resolve Carpet Cleaner. The one with the trigger sprayer, not the foam application. Use a brush with very soft bristles so as not to raise the nap on the grill cloth. The Resolve lifts the odors, removes stains and spots too. Another tip for removal of fuzz and nap from grill cloth is to use a pair of old electric clippers or shears.

The Resolve cleans & deodorizes the fabric, and shaving the fuzz/nap really revitalizes the grill cloth.

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

Just give them time to air out!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

Doug...so how does the Forte sound as a center with the Chorus? Do you put it upside down? I can't wait to try it, but it'll be a couple months before I can actually pick up the new babies. I've still got to figure out how to mount the Fortes in the rear...

and John, yes, I'm still rockin here... they'll find me one day - just a skeleton in the corner with my headphones on! cwm32.gif

So now, boys, what sub do I want to run with my HT?

Bev

------------------

Bev - I put the Forte upside down over my TV. I built a shelf and hung the shelf from the ceiling joists using vinyl-coated wire "rope" from Home Depot. I angled the shelf (put a molding around the shelf edges to give it a lip) so the Forte points down at the listening area. I must admit it sounds great, but looks a little intimidating having that thing staring down at you!!

My goal is to find a cheap, beat-up-cabinet pair of Fortes that I can use to rebuild one into a horizontal Forte by changing the motor board, a la HornEd. I don't care about the cabinet condition because it will be repainted black and probably hidden behind a curtain.

I'm using an SVS 20-39PC sub with my HT setup, and it does a wonderful job!

Doug

------------------

My System