Advice needed for banana plug/spade adapters for Scott amp

I will need some adapters for a Scott amp to connect speakers.  Are the ones in the link similar to what others are using, or is there something better out there?  Or, a different recommendation altogether?  thanks for any help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Adapter-Fisher-Mcintosh-Eico-Amp-Banana-Plug-SPADE-Accuphase-E-202-P-300-amp-/271804581952?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f48d0c840

I appreciate that....just never having had any experience with the terminals on the back of the Scott, wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing.   Yes, obviously they are just screw terminals and I could attach bare wire, but....no.... Again, thanks.

I think we had a discussion about those recently.  You might want to try a search.  I was thinking someone did NOT like those, and I want to say because they break off, I really can't remember.

+++

I'd like to speak "over your shoulder" to NOT recommend Speaker Pins.  I think many of us buy from Monoprice and these pins destroyed an older AVR I had that had push button connectors (not the spring type).  The push button flattened the cheap metal inside that was OK for speaker wire.  I now have one stuck in there.  And if you need more persuading, they are screw-in at the tips and they constantly are loose.

FYI the Monoprice banana connectors also have those screw-in tips with coarse threads leading to a very sloppy fit, also come loose, and are NOT recommended.

59751.jpg

59753.jpg

Edited by wvu80

wvu80, on 05 Jun 2015 - 8:00 PM, said:wvu80, on 05 Jun 2015 - 8:00 PM, said:

I think we had a discussion about those recently.  You might want to try a search.  I was thinking someone did NOT like those, and I want to say because they break off, I really can't remember.

+++

I'd like to speak "over your shoulder" to NOT recommend Speaker Pins.  I think many of us buy from Monoprice and these pins destroyed an older AVR I had that had push button connectors (not the spring type).  The push button flattened the cheap metal inside that was OK for speaker wire.  I now have one stuck in there.  And if you need more persuading, they are screw-in at the tips and they constantly are loose.

FYI the Monoprice banana connectors also have those screw-in tips with coarse threads leading to a very sloppy fit, also come loose, and are NOT recommended.

59751.jpg

59753.jpg

I'd recommend against using these.  If you feel you must use  them be sure to cover the outside with a GOOD insulator. (shrink wrap) 

I had a set covered with tape.  Tape came loose, positive terminal touched negative terminal and let the magic smoke out.   :(   

Edited by Taz

Blue Loctite on the threads keeps them from coming loose, yet they can still be taken apart if needed, it just requires a lot more force. If you want a very permanent assembly, use Red Loctite. Hope this helps someone.