Forte I with new Crites XO

derrickdj1

I am selling my Forte I speakers.  These have new Crites XO put in Dec. 2014.  Cosmetically these are a 10/10 with no defects in the speaker, drivers, or grills.  Price is $625 and firm.  I know some go for $400- 500 but, they don't have new xo worth around $250 and may have defects and need work. :D

I will also consider selling my tube am which is in near perfect condition with a set of extra tube and sounds nice with the Forte's.  The amp is the Yaquin VK 2100 and the price is $350.  This is a tube hybird amp, 80 watts and can be used with Reference and Heritage speakers with plenty of power.  I have used this with my RF 7's for 2 channel and also with the Forte's  Buyer pays shipping for the amp/speakers if not local.

Edited by derrickdj1

I love the Forte I also but, it is a space issue and the rest of my system is Reference.  I hate to part with the Forte's but, I don't want to have them just sitting around in storage.  The Yaquin is silver.  The gold one in the pic is just the lighting since it is very shinny.  This is a nice amp and I kept it over my McIntosh 1700 amp a few years ago.

I have a couple of quick questions...  The Fortes look very nice.  The veneer looks like oiled oak.  Is this correct?  ...and...Are the tweeters stock or do they have the Ti diaphragms? 

thanks,

Mark

Edited by mwells

As far as I know the tweeters are stocked.  I purchased these speaker only a few months ago.  The Yaquin amps go for around $350-425 depending on where you are getting it from.  Shipping is very high if it is from China and a little cheaper if it through the retailer in Canada.  I am willing to do $325 on the amp and will include 8-12 Nos tubes that have all been tested.

I have heard the Forte II and these sound just as great with the new XO.  The passive can be pulled to see the new XO and I have the paper work for the XO.  If you subtract the cost of the the XO, the price is right in line with what Forte's normally go for with the old XO. I would not jump to change anything in the speaker since they sound great. It is hard to believe that these speakers are not new when you look at them.  I also have the mod RF 7's for comparison to the Forte I and they excel in the midrange performance.  No need for a sub since the bass is strong and tight.  As stated, Get the speakers and amp and you are ready to go.

As far as I know the tweeters are stocked.  I purchased these speaker only a few months ago.  The Yaquin amps go for around $350-425 depending on where you are getting it from.  Shipping is very high if it is from China and a little cheaper if it through the retailer in Canada.  I am willing to do $325 on the amp and will include 8-12 Nos tubes that have all been tested.

I have heard the Forte II and these sound just as great with the new XO.  The passive can be pulled to see the new XO and I have the paper work for the XO.  If you subtract the cost of the the XO, the price is right in line with what Forte's normally go for with the old XO. I would not jump to change anything in the speaker since they sound great. It is hard to believe that these speakers are not new when you look at them.  I also have the mod RF 7's for comparison to the Forte I and they excel in the midrange performance.  No need for a sub since the bass is strong and tight.  As stated, Get the speakers and amp and you are ready to go.

I was about to PM you and see if you wanted to sell just the crites XO's if you had the originals to reinstall. Oh well. I'm installing new Crites Ti tweeters and his Mid diaphragms this weekend, then test and replace XO's in near future. Love my Fortes! Using a Quartet as center channel has been great and freed up some cash by selling my rc64.

GLWS, If I wasn't committed to restoring a Scott 340b I'd be seriously considering the Yaquin to try out.

• 2 weeks later...