lp playback making my speakers freak out

The turntable was sitting on a small table between the right tower and the stereo shelf, not ideal by any means.   I'm going to build a platform to dampen any vibrations as you described colterphoto1.  hopefully that cleans it up.  If not, the new preamp is arriving today.  The low-cut filter in it is rated at -3dB @ 22Hz according to their website.  I also just received a Furman PL-8C power conditioner that I am going to be installing.

-3 dB @ 22 Hz may not be (nearly) enough.  See djk's post (number 16 in this thread).  For some reason it did not print in the quote section above, so here's a second try:

A 30hz/12dB or 20hz/18dB works well ... 

Stopped woofer failures, made the midrange cleaner, played louder.

So being a bit lazy lazy after a hard dayz work, I swapped the new preamp in, hit the low-cut button and voila! no more woofer pump.  I WILL be isolating the TT in the near future though and see if I can eliminate having to use the filter.  In the mean time I get to jam some old vinyl without worrying about thrashing my speakers.

How is that power conditioner affecting your system?

I cannot say that I have noticed an audible difference. Perhaps when I get some good high definition audio files in the future I will do an apples to apples comparison using the conditioner and just a regular power strip.  Until then, the pro is piece of mind knowing that my system is protected from any junk power that may be coming down the line.  I think of it as insurance against component failure due to power spikes, surges, etc.