Perseid Meteors, anybody see Any?

minermark

But you have to be rich to live in California right?

no--lot's of public services here as well.

i haven't minded living here until i started thinking about retiring...then i realized how stinkin much i'm paying and there is no way i want to keep paying these prices. Elsewhere you can get twice the house for half the price...gasoline is absolutely ridiculous and some bozo now wants to make it even worse by limiting the amount of fossil fuels that a company can sell.  guess what that will do to the price of gas? Like Mark said, everything is taxed or when you don't want to use that bad word, they call it a fee..

3 bedroom 2 bath 1800 sq ft brick house on a slab with between 1/4 and 1/2 acre in the city for about 130k here (great neighborhood) with $2.25/gal gas.  It's not crazy everywhere. 

EDIT, no state income tax either.

hmmm, 2005 I paid $478,000 for an 1100 sq ft house--then lost it in a divorce. I didn’t really like it; but, the burglars did.  Stupid burglars too -- they left the Klipsch speakers.

Oh yeah, i remember the property prices down there, always rented, smart move on my part.

• Like 1

But you have to be rich to live in California right?

no--lot's of public services here as well.

i haven't minded living here until i started thinking about retiring...then i realized how stinkin much i'm paying and there is no way i want to keep paying these prices. Elsewhere you can get twice the house for half the price...gasoline is absolutely ridiculous and some bozo now wants to make it even worse by limiting the amount of fossil fuels that a company can sell.  guess what that will do to the price of gas? Like Mark said, everything is taxed or when you don't want to use that bad word, they call it a fee..

3 bedroom 2 bath 1800 sq ft brick house on a slab with between 1/4 and 1/2 acre in the city for about 130k here (great neighborhood) with $2.25/gal gas.  It's not crazy everywhere. 

EDIT, no state income tax either.

Cousins, stepbrother retired here and moved to Texas, just not my kind of place

Mark maybe you had the infamous one beer buzz when you wrote that first post? I haven’t been drinking and i didn’t catch it.

Post # ?
didnt you correct the latitude and longitude reference earlier? Post 32.

Yeah, three beers later.

• Like 1

Back on track....

Last night, watching the northeastern sky from 10:30 pm to midnight, I counted 35 meteorites. It was really cool.

A well advised and noble attempt to return us to the topic and I'm bummed I missed it. My own fault, but glad you saw that much, it must have been spectacular!

It was spectacular ... only watched for 45 minutes last night and inky saw 8 .... should have known better than to stay up late 2 nights in a row!