Where to Place a Third RSW-15 Subwoofer in My HT

Youthman

• Moderators

Well, last night I hooked up the RSW-15 and got no sound.  :o Seems like the RCA inputs are slightly loose so hopefully it's just a solder issue.  Before purchasing it, I tested it with the same RCA to 3.5mm using my phone and it worked just fine at their house.  I'm going to remove the amp when I get home this evening to see I can see where it's loose.  Hopefully it will be an easy fix.  If not, I will contact a friend that should be able to repair it for me.

I don't know how Klipsch did these RCA jacks, but they could be soldered right to a PCB. If so could just be a cracked solder joint on the PCB itself from putting a cable off and on too many times. Too much mechanical stress, if that makes sense.

Youthman, it is easier than you think.  Especially if you did the XO mod on the RF 7's.  I think I brought a soldering iron from Harbor Freight with the wire to melt for around $10.  Just pull the amp and take a look.  I must have been typing when you posted the pic's. :)

Let's get Carl's input. :P

Edited by derrickdj1

Looks like they just used some glue to seal it to the cabinet

Oh shoot...That's no good.  Anyone have any idea what a good remover would be without damaging the enclosure?  You risk danger of damaging the whole enclosure if forcefully removed.