Newbie here and first home theater

jloew

Anyone have any experience with Polk audio speakers tsx line or the Rti line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The TS line I found to be a giant waste of money. Parts weren't all that great, I had to replace an XOver in both my 100s when I had them.

The RTs are a bit different inc you get into the higher levels of. However, by the cost of the ones that are decent you'd be better off buying Klipsch.

That being said, I have a DSW sub with a wireless adapter that sounds about as good (IMO) as the previous line of subs Klipsch had for $200 + ship if you're interested.

Edited by IbizaFlame

Polk very neutral and not even close to the dynamics of Klipsch. Stay away!

That's very true, you definitely will not get the clarity from a set of Polks that you will with Klipsch. I didn't mind their high-line subs, but put it this way...Klipsch's RSW-10 with a 10" driver beat the living hell out of Polk's flagship sub with a 12" driver...with plenty of overhead to spare.

Been doing a lot of reading and running through forums and the r28f seems to get good reviews but the center seems to be the downfall. I figure if I go with a better center now and those subs I can uprgade the left and right later and probably not lose a lot from what I spend on them. Would it be better to run one 12 or the two tens?

Thanks for all the info everyone it's been very helpful so far.

• Like 1

What are some good center channels to choose from th r25c or whatever the model is seems to just be ok if like to have a good center channel.

Center channel is "in my opinion" the most crucial piece.  It handles most all dialogue, and many effects.  Take your time when choosing.  I feel this piece will either help develop your love of home theater, or destroy it if you make the wrong choice.  Real crisp vocals and powerful sound are what good centers do.  Please please keep asking for advice.  I will list a few in my next post.

Ya I plan on a better center that's for sure. Not sure about the subs though.

It could be argued that every piece of a good HT setup is crucial...and it is.  But, really, if you are trying to save money, don't save it on a cheap center.  You plan of getting a good center and upgrading to better L/R channels later is a far better idea than just budget everything.  I hope others reading this thread will agree, that the center channel is the key ingredient.  

Although, most of us in here are sound addicts, politically correct term is (Audiophiles), which I hate.  I stated several posts ago in your thread, get what sounds right for you and get it cause you want it.