Newbie here and first home theater

jloew

Not heard the ones you mentioned but, you decide what you need and can afford for your 1st HT. Either HT can get you down the road for your 1st set. In a year or 2, you may know more of what you want/need. If you buy the right AVR, you should be good to go for a bit.

Not sure if I'm blind or not but didn't see any discount on their website for home theater besides two of the home theater sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, looks like this time around (for HT stuff) its just the to sets.

No idea... but there might be more items added later with Labor Day just around the corner. 

6jspOn.jpg

• Like 1

Since it is my first I was thinking the Denon avx2100

Two r28f

R-14s

R-12sw

R-25c

I can get that for under 1000.

Just want to make sure the receiver is ok to start with? It seems like it will work but I'm open for others I can get that for less than 300.

Let me know if I'm missing anything I would need on top of that. I will also be checking around for used better ones just in case something comes up.

Edited by jloew

Now the money has to come together.

You are starting in the makings of a fine system.  I think everyone in this community will agree...Once you start, you will become a sound addict.  It really is so much fun and we all love making something.  I hope your upcoming choices offer all the sound you are looking for!!!  

• Like 1

Will I need anything else?

HDMI cables for home theater e.g. movie watching and video games if that's your thing.  The receiver can do video switching, so on additional HDMI for the receiver output (again, if you are using that).  There is a subwoofer, so a coax cable for the sub LFE input.  ***Note, some companies try to label 'special' subwoofer cables.  You don't need a 'subwoofer cable as a $5.00 monoprice coax works fine.

I can always change the center channel to something different. I read reviews but didn't come across very many negatives for any of speakers I mention. I will do some more research and see what I find o would hate to have them go bad. If that were to happen are replacements pretty easy to come by? Maybe even better ones for it?

I get a discount on cable and things of that nature so I should be good there.

Even with discounts I'd venture to say you'd be hard pressed to beat Monoprice.com

Wish you were closer...I' give you a killer deal on a 5.1 Reference System with RF-3ii, RC-3ii, RB5 and a KSW15

• Like 2