Apple iPad experts - Help Please

richieb

So I'm researching an amplifer (imagine that) click a site then immediately screen goes to blue and - 

"Warning!! iOS crash report

Due to third party on your phone?ios has crashed.

Contact support for immediated fix"

First this is an iPad not an iPhone, the header box for this "fix" is http://funnyquote.info

I have not gone to this site for fear of infecting my iMac.

My iPad is locked solid, nothing, even after shutting off several times. But I can still play solitare.

Blue warning screen is all that shows and the screen is totally unresponsive to the touch.

Experts - any ideas - please.

Thanks

• Like 1

I am a recent Ipad convert and I have never seen that happen.  There have been several IOS updates in the last couple of months, maybe that is in response to what happened with your ipad.

I am NOT an expert or authority on IOS, but it really sounds like you got hit with a computer virus, the kind Apple IOS is NOT supposed to get.

So I'm researching an amplifer (imagine that) click a site then immediately screen goes to blue and -

"Warning!! iOS crash report

Due to third party on your phone?ios has crashed.

Contact support for immediated fix"

First this is an iPad not an iPhone, the header box for this "fix" is http://funnyquote.info

I have not gone to this site for fear of infecting my iMac.

My iPad is locked solid, nothing, even after shutting off several times. But I can still play solitare.

Blue warning screen is all that shows and the screen is totally unresponsive to the touch.

Experts - any ideas - please.

Thanks

Most likely, you found a virus/malicious site. I'd first try a soft reset by holding your power and home button until you see the Apple logo. After that, it should reboot and I'd then go into settings, go to Safari settings, and reset the history and website data. Had to do that once before on my wife's iPad and it worked just fine after that.

If all of that doesn't work, you may need to give Apple support a try.

I hate to even ask this, but which site did you click on?  (Please don't post the full link address)

And, don't quite understand, if it's locked solid, unresponsive, how do you play solitare?  

You might want to state the model number of the ipad, and which iOS you have installed.

Hope you did a backup.

I hate to even ask this, but which site did you click on?  (Please don't post the full link address)

And, don't quite understand, if it's locked solid, unresponsive, how do you play solitare?  

You might want to state the model number of the ipad, and which iOS you have installed.

Hope you did a backup.

I really can't say, I was researching a Forte Model 5 amplifier, might have been audio review? Really don't know.

I have nothing on the machine that would need backup. This is only a surfing playtoy. I would have to think backl a bit but there is nothing on the machine that would be lost.