Blowing my RF 3 II horn!

shreddaddy1

Sweet jesus is all I can say after finally hearing my new mains on a decent amp...

Hooked them up to my Marantz SR-18U and these 3's show me the true meaning of wow what have I been missing?

Ive had a set of Eosone RSF1000's for the last 10 years,they are no slouches in the output department by any means,but on the same amp they were just trampled in output and put to shame in SQ! 

I was always skeptical about horns,not anymore. I'd heard friends klipsch mains before and always thought that they were lifeless and overly bright and then It dawned on me that most of the power they were using were cheap entry level recievers. The only reason I went with the 3's were the excellent reviews I had seen and I figured what I had heard was part of user error.

I love these,and cant wait to delve into even more klipsch gear!!! Just had to share my joy! (wife rolls eyes)

• Like 3

check out some CF3 or CF4 (the single largest wide band horn of any Klipsch home loudspeaker) and you can fast rack to Nirvana.Perhaps there are Klipsch forum members in your area you should check out LaScala, Khorn, Chorus ll, and KLF30 all worth your time to investigate. Ask and see who lives near you.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I was always skeptical about horns,not anymore

Welcome...........since you said "not anymore"....................just kidding

I love these,and cant wait to delve into even more klipsch gear!!! Just had to share my joy! (wife rolls eyes)

Whatever you do do not listen to any larger Reference, Heritage of Pro speakers, your wife will think you lost a grip.  :blink:  :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have always believed that the 3's are the under appreciated reference speaker. They don't get the love they should. I own 2 pair :) and love them.

Just wait till you hear them with better caps, resistors, and coils in them. I did full crossover upgrades to them, and holy hell, absolutely unbelievable!!

Edited by ninjai18
  • Like 1