Parallel 6AQ5/6005 SEP

mike stehr

Okay, after correcting a wiring mistake regarding the inputs, and help with Maynard drawing up a diagram to wire up the 10K switched pots correctly, (ear bleed circuit) I listened to the amplifier for about 2-3 hours tonight.

It's a first take, and I'll need a bit more time to write up my thoughts on sound. but initially, things sound rather good.

The bass can really pound with heavy bass content music, it's rather impressive for a little over four watts per channel.

The dog didn't seem to care...

DSCN2290.JPG

I had a cat for almost 19 years and, when she didn't like the way an amp sounded, she ran out of the room.  If she stayed on my lap I knew all was well :D.  So, now we'll all wait for the detailed listening report!!!

Maynard

Now that is a great test to see if any amp sounds good, cat test. 

Looks like another excellent build and another excellent example of Mike's top-notch wiring skills.  :emotion-21:  B)  However, I did get a chuckle out of this one since I can't tell from the picture if the dog actually doesn't care or is actually covering its ears planning a leap for the "ear bleed control knob."   :o 

_ living in the midrange while your dog doesn't.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'm done soldering...just need to check over things first...I have the power resistor wires just tacked in, in case I have to use a different value once powered up and voltage/current is known. I hope I have those pots connected correctly.

Mike

attachicon.gifDSCN2266 (2).JPG attachicon.gifDSCN2268 (2).JPG attachicon.gifDSCN2269.JPG

Really nice work Mike!