SOLD - 6s45P-e Hand Built Paralleled Single End Amp -$550

tlarwa

Sold the EL84, so one more amp to place into a loving home ...

Up for sale is my hand-built, point-to-point wired, parallel single-end 6s45P-e amplifier. This amp was built by my audiophile friend and master craftsman in Michigan, who did all of the metal fabrication, woodwork and wiring. The amp utilizes a 5ar4 (slow ramp up) rectifier tube. It also uses a two-choke power supply with all metal used poly caps, and an oil-filled Obbligato cap for the first filter (for good dampening). The amp incorporates all Japanese Shinkoh 1% tantalum signal resistors, all Elna Silmicll silk-fiber cathode caps and premium 1% 5w Mills wire-wound cathode resistors. The OPT's are over-sized premium 20 watt by Transcendar. The amp utilizes cathode-biasing so no re-biasing is needed after replacing tubes. Also included in the design is a built-in AC line-filter to tame any possible EMI or RFI. Finally, the chassis utilizes 1/8" aluminum top and bottom plates and a figured sycamore plinth. Oh yeah, and all the binding posts and RCA's are by Cardas. For fun, each channel incorporates a magic-eye tube, with level adjustment, to add a little visual bling to the sonic bliss!

The amp is very "crystalline" sounding. I used it with my 95dB Mark Audio 12p-based Super Pensils with great success. It easily filled my 12'x17' listening room with all the volume I needed! That said, if you're looking to drive your 88dB Polks to ear splitting levels, it's probably not the amp for you! But if you're after crystal clear, involving sound through your full-range or high efficiency speakers (Klipschorns or LaScalas, anyone?), this could be just the ticket. I've used it with my Forte II's and it easily drove them.

I will also consider trades for a 2nd turntable, quality well-loved MM or MC cartridge (used okay) or maybe something else interesting? Try me ...

I will include all power, rectifier and magic eye tubes, plus some spares I have that are intended for this amp. I can also include a decent, generic power cord if needed. The amp weighs about 50 pounds, so I'd rather a local pick-up or delivery if possible (I'm in SE WI). That said, I can ship if necessary, and will charge actual shipping costs. Please add 3% to cover PP fees.

Edited by tlarwa

Are you in Michigan?  If you aren't too far away from the Toledo, Ohio area, you are welcome to borrow one of my DIY TPA3116D2 amps to demo with your Omegas.   Several Omega speaker owners are using them with good success.   

Are you in Michigan?  If you aren't too far away from the Toledo, Ohio area, you are welcome to borrow one of my DIY TPA3116D2 amps to demo with your Omegas.   Several Omega speaker owners are using them with good success.

I'm in WI. And I've actually tried some TPA amps in the past. I'm looking to stay with tubes, or a tube hybrid config (ala Red Wine Audio).

• 1 month later...

It uses (2) 6s45P-e power tubes per channel and a 5ar4 rectifier tube.  Offhand I don't recall what the magic eye tubes are (I'll look when I get home), but they really don't serve any purpose other than to add a little visual entertainment to the mix  :lol:   And they each have a level control so you can make them as active (or inactive) as you'd like.  

May I ask what other tubes the amp is utilizing?

Finally got around to looking at the tubes. The magic eye tubes are Russian 6E1P. For anyone interested in the amp, I have 8 spare power tubes and 2 spare magic eye tubes, so you would be set pretty much forever. They would all be included in the sale. I don't have an extra 5ar4 rectifier tube, but those are readily available.

Thanks!