RF-5 speakers - $475 (Mt.Airy - Baltimore MD)

Arrow#422

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/ele/5349892813.html

Not mine

Cherry finish - No Phone# given, 

5's have begun to show up again, recently.  

In case you are considering:

The original retail price was $549 each - but I may be mistaken - that may've been the floor model price, but I show $750 for that pair.

5's are also real wood veneered, as opposed to the newer & similar RF-82's that are - vinyl.

Edited by Arrow#422
  • Like 1

used market on RF-7's (I suppose ANY gear) is HIGHLY dependent upon finish, condition, and seller motivation.

wide range pricing is roughly $6-1200 with not many either available, or selling, on the ends of the spectrum

Edited by Arrow#422

I loved my rf5s , I recently sold them to my father in law. They are a great speaker with a smallish footprint. They were my introduction to Klipsch, I bought them new in ~2004 for around 1500$ if I recall correctly.

MSRP for RF 5s was around 850-900$ EACH and RF 7s were about the price of the new RF 7II (1100-1200 EACH)

RF5s at any price under 600 IMO is really an outstanding deal. They have never generated interest like RF7s which is unfortunate because they sound more balanced through the midrange.

Due to their smaller size and similar specs to lesser models like the rf3 (II) and RF 82 has really brought their overall value down. There is no comparison when it comes to sound quality and workmanship, the RF 5 wins hands down every time.

• Like 1