"the sound of silence" - Nissan Titan

Paducah Home Theater

Dude.  You have no idea who you are talking to.  Ever?  LOL.

That has nothing in comparison with a production automobile with real sound.  Even a vintage air cooled VW.  Apples and oranges.  Autos will not melt your insides like the vibrations of a super 80.

Edited by oldtimer

When we were in the market for a jeep I test drove a call of duty edition in Nashville. Prior to that the newest jeep wrangler I had owned was a 1997 with a bad exhaust manifold. Test drove a 2001 but that's it, and it was geared wrong with an auto transmission so I hated it instantly. Otherwise I had always owned CJ's with V8's and my friends had other old TJ's and YJ's. Needless to say, pretty much all of them were pretty loud. So anyway, I get on this hill in the suburbs of Nashville in this brand new manual Rubicon. I try to take off but I kill the engine. The thing is though, I had no idea, I was used to listening to the engine noise for clutch and shifting cues but that was simply not there comparatively. I sat there trying to go, not knowing what was going on. The engine was that quiet comparatively, I couldn't tell it was running based on what I was used to hearing. Unfortunately the wind noise around the top and the stock BFG mud tires aren't nearly as quiet.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters