"the sound of silence" - Nissan Titan

Paducah Home Theater

http://www.nissanusa.com/trucks/2016-titan/?dcp=omd.123846123.&dcc=0.297375958&dcn=1

I think I found my next truck.  Scroll down towards the bottom in the video section, watch the last one.  They built an entire acoustic chamber around a truck trying to get it to be quiet.  Check out the acoustic camera as well.  Wow.  Maybe this is the norm for every vehicle nowadays though?  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Yes, to my knowledge all manufacture do this sort of testing.

I don't know about the other mfg's... But I know our S-klassé is so quiet while driving, and so smooth- your heart rate and blood pressure are lowered. Granted. That's a $100k+ car.. But still, that research and technology trickles into everything else we make.

There's some pretty cool tech that's used in R&D building cars these days. -- not all is published or known to the general public.

Pretty cool to see that in a truck though, as they're inherently noisy and clumsy.

Edited by MercedesBerater

There's some pretty cool tech that's used in R&D building cars these days. -- not all is published or known to the general public.

Yeah I've never seen this kind of stuff in a truck before. I thought they just built whatever they wanted, coated the floorboards with thick liner, and called it good.

Am I the only American left who likes to hear a glorious engine note while I drive?

Nope.  Many manufacturers cars are so quiet, they pipe in engine sounds electronically through the speakers.

Yeah some Cadillac's do that. Subaru BRZ supposedly pipes in sound by routing the exhaust through some resonators on the firewall. Starts screaming at you when you hit 5,000 rpm.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Am I the only American left who likes to hear a glorious engine note while I drive?
Ever fly in the back seat of an MD-88? The full body sonic barrage of that pair of JT8 grinding away at full tilt just a few feet from your face....for a couple of hours straight.

I'd safely wager that it's often quite easy for things to be too loud....even for the enthusiast.