Brainstorming Here....

Ok i am not a audio tech person but here is what i was wondering? Being i like the way my Hersey's sound in the mid and highs and i like the bass of my Quartets...Can i put the mid and highs in my Quartets being the are both 3 way speakers.I know i would have to do a little tweaking for the mid to fit in the Quartets but other than that can it be done?  Also what crossover should i use.What are your thoughts on this am i missing something.I would also like to be able to put both sets back to original if need be.

Ok i am not a audio tech person but here is what i was wondering? Being i like the way my Hersey's sound in the mid and highs and i like the bass of my Quartets...Can i put the mid and highs in my Quartets being the are both 3 way speakers.I know i would have to do a little tweaking for the mid to fit in the Quartets but other than that can it be done?  Also what crossover should i use.What are your thoughts on this am i missing something.I would also like to be able to put both sets back to original if need be.

Your Heresys were designed to be placed on the floor.  They will lack bass if not on the floor.  Try that first. 

Willland... if you want them i will pick them up for you and could meet at the same spot we did the last time.I will be in palm coast sat.not a far drive from there for me.let me know.

Thanks for the offer but I would have to get that approved by my bride first. ;)  :D

I'll get back with you.

I take it you sold the KLF-30's?

Bill

Will, I didn't sell the KLF 30s they are chillin in the other bedroom not being used at the moment till i figure out what i want to do with them.

Mustanger, I like to tinker and mod my speakers, just as you say, but I think you would be 10 times ahead to try a sub or two first.

As far as adding a sub i have my 5.1 with my Epik dual 15 sub and my 2 channel setup in the same room and therefore dont really have the room for another sub let alone 2.Plus the wife factor i think she would flip.I like the bass from the Quartets its the mids and highs that i want from in the herseys .

As far as adding a sub i have my 5.1 with my Epik dual 15 sub and my 2 channel setup in the same room and therefore dont really have the room for another sub let alone 2.Plus the wife factor i think she would flip.I like the bass from the Quartets its the mids and highs that i want from in the herseys .

Ah, gotcha.  As long as you've heard subs, you know what you're getting.  I went a long time without a sub, but now I'm a believer and would recommend a sub of some size to go with almost any standard speaker.

Edited by wvu80

Goal:  The bass repsonse of Quartets with the mid/high character of Heresys.

Path of least resistance to achieving the goal:  Sell the Quartets and Heresys.  Use the money to buy Cornwalls.

Done.  Four people are happy.