OK Pink Floyd, The Wall, Confortably Numb has fantastic bass

Dafishguy

Noz, The Ears, HornEd and other bass maniacs.

You HAVE to try this track on "The Wall" DVD. Holy seizmograph, I have just listened to it 6 times at +6, yes I SAID PLUS 6 on my system. This track will powderize your bones and make you a true believer in high end bass components. You gotta try it. It will bring a tear to your eyes and divorce papers to your mail box. My pictures were shaking off the walls and some stuff fell off the shelves and hit the dog in the head. (He don't like me much anymore). Sorry folks, I am an idiot for SVS subs. These guys have their sh*t together. Buy them no matter how long it takes. You gotta hear them.

Rick (drooling so much that I don't need a shower)

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RS-7

Sub SVS-CS Ultra x 2

Receiver Denon AVR-5803

DVD Denon 2800

T.V. Sony KP57HW40 Widescreen

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

Yeah...I heard that Roger Waters guy had something to do with Pink Floyd too. All kidding aside another great demo is the segue between tracks 1 & 2 on Wish You Were Here using the gold super bit edition and obviously the opening 30 seconds & track 2 of the Mobile Fidelity Dark Side...CD.

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

I don't have the concert DVD, but the CD kicks ***. I'm refering to Closer by NIN's. Anything by NIN for that matter. Even Pretty Hate Machine.

I did hear great things about the DVD though. The CD (when turned to the appropriate levels) would shake evrything in the room. My clock radio would sorta hop off my nightstand. Reminded me of the ants from the Tom and Jerry cartoons.

Sorry for getting off topic. I love Floyd too

I like the In the Flesh DVD as well. It does have some very good bass. It also is the only "True" Surround Sound live recording. Meaning Roger, and Floyd for that matter, have always played live using a Quadraphionic sound system. They truly believe that the audiance should be engulfed in sound. Since the DVD concert is recorded in DD 5.1, you get true "Live" surround sound. What sounds come out of the left or Right rear during the concert also come out of your left or Right rear in your DD 5.1 setup All other live concerts utilize mics in the back and sides of the auditorium to pick up reverberated sound when transfered to a DD DVD. Even though it may say 5.1 it's not unless it has been completely remastered back in the studio. So the In th Flesh concert is very good and there are songs he plays that have not ever been played in a long time.

And "Yes" this DVD gets a 10 for setup and sound quality IMHO.

Now if you want the full blown Pink Floyd show then watch and listen to Pulse or Delicate Sound of Thunder. I have both of these on Laserdisc. Pulse is very polished. The Digital sound is quite good although not 5.1. Using DTS Neo 6.1 makes it sound sweet. This disc is a guitar players concert. David Gilmore is incredible. 10 out of 10. If you have a laserdisc player try to find these. Very hard to come by. Hopefuly one day they will release them on DVD.

------------------

Denon AVR 3801

Onkyo M504 Power Amp driving the mains

Technique A-10 DVD Audio/Video Player

Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/Dvd Player

Dish Network Dolby Digital Sat receiver

Mitsubishi 50" Screen

Mitsubishi HSU-575 HiFi VCR

Klipsch La Scala ( Mains)

Klipsch RFC5 Center

Klipsch RSS6 Surround Side

Klipsch RSS .5 Back surround

Klipsch KSW 12 Subwoofer

Denon DRA-295 Stereo Receiver Driving Outdoor Speakers

Boston Acoustics OutDoor Speakers

My Home Theater Page http://www.geocities.com/scooterb4u/ScootersHT.html

Rick,

I am at the cottage until Wednesday. BOO-HOO, just chillin. I've got the CD at home, listened to it a million times, and CN is one of the best tunes ever. I haven't played it with the SVS yet. How much better is it with the DVD?

Can't wait to get home to rumble the house..

Sean

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

DUAL USAGE ROOM

Fronts & Mains: Klipsch La Scalas

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

Projector: Infocus LP350

Screen: Draper Premier 96" x 72"

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD-3805

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Dual SVS Ultras w/ Samson 1000 watt amp

http://www.geocities.com/seanshometheatre/

And don't ask what I am doing up at 3:22 in the AM, I don't know either.

cheers

Sean

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

DUAL USAGE ROOM

Fronts & Mains: Klipsch La Scalas

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

Projector: Infocus LP350

Screen: Draper Premier 96" x 72"

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD-3805

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Dual SVS Ultras w/ Samson 1000 watt amp

http://www.geocities.com/seanshometheatre/

Hi Noz,

Sorry to hear that your out-o-range of your U-2's. I will be this weekend as well as I am going to Calgary to visit my son. As far as CN on The Wall DVDis concerned, it is the best low end I've ever heard in this song. I also have the Roger Waters DVD, The Wall album on Vinyl and CD and none of them sound as good as The Wall DVD. Get it, you will really enjoy cranking it during the low parts. I sure did.

Take care

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RS-7

Sub SVS-CS Ultra x 2

Receiver Denon AVR-5803

DVD Denon 2800

T.V. Sony KP57HW40 Widescreen

Computer Pro-Media 5.1