Enough With The SVS CS Ultras Already!

DillonW

Bev, I have kind of offered it to my sister and future brother-in-law for their new house but I am not sure they will take it. Neither one is real big into this stuff at this time. If they don't want it then I will be interested in selling it to someone. I still have all the original packaging, instructions and box. And the 25 foot LFE cable I bought for it will go with it as well. I have only had it since April so it is only slightly used but in absolutely perfect condition. It is a great sub for the money I think. It just wouldn't do what the SVS's will do in my VERY open room.

------------------

Klipsch RF-3II

Klipsch RC-3II

Klipsch KG 1.5 surrounds

Jamo rear centers

Dual SVS 25-31 CS+'s

Samson 1000 Amp

Sony Playstation II

Yamaha RX-V630

Rotel RMB-1066 Amp

Yamaha 969 DVD carosel

RCA Hi-Fi VCR (hardly used anymore)

Sony Trinitron 36"

bev- I think the Chorus' were not really associated with any particular line, at least that's what I seem to remember reading somewhere on this board. I'm sure someone out there can clarify its status. I just bought them because they sounded better than everything else I had heard, outside of the La Scalas which I could not afford. Thanks for the kind words about my system, there is almost nothing that I enjoy more than watching a good movie at home. Having a good HT system justifies buying movies.... Owning movies justifies upgrading my HT. No, don't laugh... My dislogic is really quite logical. Every time I upgrade my system, I want to watch my favorite movies all over again. Watching more movies justifies the need for future upgrades, and the cycle starts again. Isn't life great!

Hey guys!

JohnBoy....lemme know if your sis ends up not wanting the sub...we'll talk!!!

and Dillon...I think I read somewhere on this board that anything with a name was part of the Heritage line....and you know I believe everything I read here! I also share your dislogic...everytime I can do an upgrade, I fall in love with the system all over again, and must do more! It also gives me a chance to lure my friends into HT and Klipschdom...they get my old stuff, and I justify upgrading!

Bev

------------------

Love & kisses on your Klipsch's!!!

My recollection of the Heritage line is those that PWK designed himself: Klipschorn, Belle, LaScala, Cornwall, Heresy. The Chorus, Fortes, and Quartet are not Heritage - although I like to call them the Heritage "brothers" or "cousins", due to the resemblance to the Cornwall and Heresy. Chorus and Cornwall II share the exact same tweeter and midrange, for example - so the resemblances are certainly there.

Bill-

I was going to stay out of this thread, but decided to put in my 2 cents. As far as I know there are only 3 members on this board that actually have the Ultra, HornEd, TheEars, and myself (There could be others, but they are not too vocal). I purchased it almost 9 months ago on the recommendation HornEd and TomV. When I got it, I was VERY surprised that the serial number was so small (if memory serves, its like 110 or something) considering all of the hype.

Don't let hype get in the way! In BBs like this, theory, rumors, and praise/trashing tend to get over exaggerated and each BB tends to rant about one product or another. I'm sure you have seen this for products like SVS, Outlaw, Sherbourn, and Odyssey on this and other BBs. Its called the flavor of the month! However, I'm not saying that these products don't deserve the praises, they all have their positive aspects. As for the SVS Ultras, the principle reason they are so liked on this BB is that they are reasonably priced and as HornEd stated, they blend exceptionally well with Klipsch speakers (almost to the point that you don't know its a sub). So just take all of these praises with a grain of salt and if you are seriously thing about a product that ppl are raving about find out if they even own the product and how many other similar products they auditioned AT HOME prior to the purchase.

Just for full disclosure, the only sub i listened to prior to buying the Ultra was the KSW-12. I took what I felt was a HUGE gamble buying it, but I am happy with it.

Just my humble opinions.......

-Dave

------------------

Home Theater

DrPyro,

I too was going to stay out of this thread but now I think it's necessary to let you know that I too have a pair of Ultra's with Samson amp. I based my buying decision on Horned's and other's recommendations. I just love them. I had the RSW-15 before and returned the 15 to the store when I got the Ultra's. As far as I'm concerned, there is no comparison between the two.

Take care

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RS-7

Sub SVS-CS Ultra x 2

Receiver Denon AVR-5803

DVD Denon 2800

T.V. Sony KP57HW40 Widescreen

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

I was also laying low, but I will tell you all, once you've felt the impact of dual SV-Ultras, you will take reference to a whole new level.

Once you feel these these rip through you're chest, you will never look back.

from experience,

Sean

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

DUAL USAGE ROOM

Fronts & Mains: Klipsch La Scalas

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

Projector: Infocus LP350

Screen: Draper Premier 96" x 72"

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD-3805

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Dual SVS Ultras w/ Samson 1000 watt amp

http://www.geocities.com/seanshometheatre/

Yes, I know that I'm guilty of jumping on the SVS bandwagon, and do not own them, however.....

I did hear the original SVS Ultra last fall, IIRC it was about the time I found this board. The demo wasn't planned, I just happened to be at a friend of a friend's when I laid my eyes on this large water heater looking device in the living room. At that time, I knew very little about them. Needless to say, the rest is history.

SVS is truly responsible for getting me interested in subwoofers. I always believed that quality subbage was for wallets much deeper than mine. SVS makes that quality subbage available for the masses. I would be misleading the forum if I didn't recommend SVS. Based on that singular experience with an SVS Ultra (and that was the old Ultra), I can't recommend them enough.

I would recommend the JBL Pro cabinets too, for the right user, but JBL has no more available at the tent sale. For what it would cost to obtain the JBL Pro cabinets now, I would just buy the SVS - plus the SVS do go lower than the JBL's do (and SVS need less tweaking from what I gather from the reviews and frequency response graphs reported to HTF and here).

I've also spent time with the Velodyne SPL1200 and CT150, Klipsch RSW and KSW, Paradigm PW2200, and a few Polk models (whose model #'s elude me now). Aside from the JBL Pro and SVS (which I heartily endorse), the best of the above listed are the Klipsch RSW, Velo SPL1200, and the PW2200. However, when the cost of the SVS is compared to these, it's very difficult not to recommend SVS.

I also recommend Outlaw frequently, since I do own a 750 amp. Like SVS, the reviews of this piece are justified, and perform well beyond the price (especially when compared to comparable offerings in retail stores).

SVS & Outlaw = Value.

• 2 weeks later...