Name that tune

wvu80

I would say I knew about 90% of the tunes, and could probably name 40-50%. 

The ones I think I know you don't would be some of the old march tunes, maybe some opera, and things like American Patrol because I played it it HS concert band.

What do you know?  What surprised you?

• Like 2

Many of the classical works were probably recognized rather quickly by many of the folks here.  In contrast I didn't recognize most of the non-classical works, but that's just me.

Fewer might have recognized the Prokofiev, from his ballet Romeo and Juliet.  I knew it as "The Montagues and the Capulets," though its formal name is "Dance of the Knights."  Here is a Youtube video of that movement, which lets you see as well as hear the composer's amazing creativity and inspired use of the orchestra in this powerful work. It's worth closely watching how the instrumental subtleties and delicacy contrast with the orchestral force involved in the louder passages.

• Like 2

This finale to one of the Acts of R&J is seriously incredible, and the orchestra outdoes itself in a technical tour de force:

Prokofiev outdoes himself as well -- an intensity of feeling set off by the story that I rarely hear in his works.

Edited by LarryC

Name that tune.......

I know the name but not the artist..... If anyone can answer it would be great.

The song is "She's not there"  the Zombies made it popular. The version I am looking for was played at the end of a very bad Sci-Fi movie, played as the credits rolled at the end. It was sung by a male vocalist in a blusey tone.....any ideas who ????

Thanks