wstrickland1

From Onkyo:

Serial 91*****011

Model PR-SC5509 Initials W S

City NORTH CHARLESTON State SC    

Status Modification Complete

Incoming Unit Receive Date 02/10/16  

Repaired Unit Ship Date 02/12/16

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rarely use this unit anymore but one day it crapped out. Looked up the number and was promptly sent a box w/ packing materials (including TAPE) and a return tag. They received the unit on 2/10 and it will be at my door tomorrow, 2/16, repaired. It's a great unit and all I will ever need so hopefully this takes care of it. This was even a refurb from A4L. I would definitely purchase another Onkyo product based on this experience. Any company can have an issue but they deal with it appropriately. Thank goodness I had my trusty old B&K Ref 50 to get me by for the Superbowl. Too bad the Panthers sucked.

Edited by wstrickland1
  • Like 2

I agree the way Onkyo/integra has taken care of the HDMI and network board problems has been pretty awesome.

After I purchased my Integra DTM-40.4 network receiver used form a guy locally, I either bricked it or the network board took a dump.  I called Integra and they instructed me to send it to their repair facility in NJ(on their dime) and repair was done and returned to me within two weeks.  Keep in mind I bought this used locally and they honored the warranty knowing I was not original owner.  

I say that is pretty stand up customer service.

Bill

Looked up the number and was promptly sent a box w/ packing materials (including TAPE) and a return tag.

I'm going thru the same right now with my PR-SC5508. Sent mine to Illinois last Monday, they received it on Thursday. Have not heard back yet with any other info yet.

Mine lost audio and would only come on after it was warned up for a half hour and after several power on/off cycles.

The roll of clear packing tape in the box was a nice touch.....

• Like 1

I glad to hear they did right by you. I guess all companies can change.  5 or so years ago I had such poor CS on a brand new Integra Pre/Pro DOA right out of the box that I will never buy another Onkyo anything.  I did not have a replacement for 6 months.

I think maybe your experience helped trigger them into getting themselves in gear and righting the wrongs.

Bill

Looked up the number and was promptly sent a box w/ packing materials (including TAPE) and a return tag.

I'm going thru the same right now with my PR-SC5508. Sent mine to Illinois last Monday, they received it on Thursday. Have not heard back yet with any other info yet.

Mine lost audio and would only come on after it was warned up for a half hour and after several power on/off cycles.

The roll of clear packing tape in the box was a nice touch.....

They received it Thursday and shipped it back on Tuesday......not too shabby! (if it works lol) Scheduled for delivery tomorrow so back in business for the weekend.

Ha, you were faster than I was. I got my label and box back in December.

2/08/2016 - Monday
7:50 pm Left FedEx origin facility   ALBUQUERQUE, NM     6:11 pm Arrived at FedEx location   ALBUQUERQUE, NM     5:29 pm Picked up   ALBUQUERQUE, NM     1:05 pm In FedEx possession   ALBUQUERQUE, NM  
Tendered at FedEx location
12/12/2015 - Saturday
5:37 pm Return label link emailed to return sender