Hereseys in steel building?

JoeDirt

I am completing a 100' x 60' steel building with a concrete floor and 16' ceiling.

I wired all 4 corners for speakers. Now.... What do I use? First thought was Hereseys in all 4.

Second thought was Rb35s in all 4.

I hope to keep their placement above 8 feet so I will have nothing blocking sound.

Got any helpful hints?

Do I build shelves?

Do I mount speakers to walls?

Point them down slightly?

I have 2 weeks to get this done.

Thanks for your consideration.

Joe

You need to come to WV. My shop is a scant 50x100 and my speakers kept growing larger until I ended up with 6 LaScalas, 2 THT subs, and 2 KPT-684 subs. That's a big space and it takes some big speakers. Heresy's do OK, but 50' away they sorta vanish.

Look in the back of this picture. You will see my left surround and rear Lascala's elevated. My fronts are on the floor, cause I have a seating area and a projection screen

Nice shop rig.  What part of WV are you in?  I do a lot of business in the northern panhandle.

Damn JoeDirt....that's a good size building.....i would love to have a building that size.....my main part of my shop is only 24'x24' and I have two KP-362's in each corner and they get the shop to concert level with a BIG Carver TFM-42 driving em. One MTX and one Velodyne helps with low end...

Even in my small shop the speaker's kept getting bigger and bigger till I found my KP's.... If you want to start looking out of the Klipsch line I would steer you to some EV's. I latched on to a set of EV i's last year. There a two way with a 15' woofer and they really kick... I use them on my deck. Some times you can find them with the matching sub that goes with em. There like a DJ set-up subs on the the bottom and the is a pole for the top section. There's been a set on e-bay for months....if they were closer I would have snagged em. I think there in the Chicago area.... anyway just a though..

Yea I think the Heresey's would be "ok" but they would get lost in that huge building.....

Good luck.....

MKP :-)