Can anyone tell me what is better than

ELMarko

A 2k system than a Scott 222C pushing a pair of Heresy with a SVS 25-31 sub with a Marantz CD player...unbelievable. the best value you could ever find. I still say the Heresy is the best speaker ever made at it's price point.

take a look at the Bob Crites  CS-1T if you want a better Heresy, two way better horn better driver better Baltic Birch ply cabinet if you want. Lower distortion better stage and image. take the opportunity to listen to some modern quality horns. The K700 mid horn of the Heresy is a poor example of mid horns today. Later mid horns by Klipsch which eat up a K700 are found in the Forte ll Quartet Chorus ll KLF20/30 and the largest and best wide band horn Klipsch has made to date with a one inch throat is in the CF3/4.

All the horns mentioned are one inch entry horns all much better horns than the K700.

http://www.critesspeakers.com/crites-cs-1-speaker-project.html

Edited by moray james

I bought a pair of Lacquered Oak with Cain grill Klipschorns complete a couple of years ago for $500 for the pair!

I think that would fit into your $2,000 budget restraint question...  :)

Roger 

Sell them to me for 600 and you'll make a tidy profit.

Just kidding I don't have the corners for them.

if the drivers on your Heresy mount from the back side of the baffle you have Heresy if they mount from the front side of the baffle you have Heresy ll. If you have have Heresy you might want to consider replacing the K77 tweeters with the Crites CT125 which drops right in no other changes required and it has smoother and wider response, a very good sounding tweeter. Here is a link scroll down second from the bottom.

http://www.critesspeakers.com/klipsch_tweeters.html

if the drivers on your Heresy mount from the back side of the baffle you have Heresy if they mount from the front side of the baffle you have Heresy ll. If you have have Heresy you might want to consider replacing the K77 tweeters with the Crites CT125 which drops right in no other changes required and it has smoother and wider response, a very good sounding tweeter. Here is a link scroll down second from the bottom.

http://www.critesspeakers.com/klipsch_tweeters.html

Thanks Moray, I will check them out when I get a chance.

Edited by ELMarko