Mystery Horn on Ebay

Karsoncookie

Looks like a painted EV HP 640. I have a pair also. Great sounding horn, I've tried them atop my Khorn bass bins. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.electrovoice.com/downloadfile.php%3Fi%3D1672&ved=0ahUKEwiH-Y_ds7HLAhWFuhQKHQuOCzMQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNGpwqeajLkT96FcxWypOhO2y1VCsQ&sig2=0ge8x1reQPO2-B9v7tkmrw

Edited by absolve2525

Yup EV hp640, its a great sounding horn.  I wish I would have never sold mine.  The EV hp9040 is a great one, if you have the room. That horn has a screw on adapter.  If you go with a Dh1a driver, you can cross as low as 500 and let it ride with minimal equing past 18,000. For the size, its a large sounding horn.

It is possible that it is an Electro-voice HP 640 horn. It is difficult to judge the scale. Before you buy it I would ask the seller to give you the dimensions. That will confirm things.

Yes, a HP 640 is a nice horn. I used to run them on top of some half height "jubilee-style" bass bins. I liked them.

It is possible that it is an Electro-voice HP 640 horn. It is difficult to judge the scale. Before you buy it I would ask the seller to give you the dimensions. That will confirm things.

Yes, a HP 640 is a nice horn. I used to run them on top of some half height "jubilee-style" bass bins. I liked them.

EDIT: 

I am an idiot. I just looked at the ad again and saw that the dimensions were in fact given.

Yes, that is a Electro-voice HP640 horn. Even though there is only one, they do come up from time to time. So you would be able to eventually find a mate.  As in this case, the seller may not know what the model or manufacturer is. So it may require some digging. As with all large items, the shipping can be pricey however.

Duder - Read the whole posting carefully. They have two. One w a "bracket", the other without.  Lars

If I click on the link you sent, it only states one horn with bracket..  No biggie, at $20.00, its still a steal of a deal.

The "seller notes" section indicates that "“No compression driver is included; horn and bracket as shown only. We have another horn (no bracket) available, so please contact us for the pair (one w/bracket; 1 w/o)

In my experience that has meant that the seller will sell the second item for the auction selling price of the first item.

• Like 1

I actually intend to try my pair on top of EV Sentry IV bass bins, instead of stock SM-120 horns. The stock horns are great, but these allow large format drivers, as well as having a flat front which doesn't stick out. I spray painted mine. They used to look like the Ebay photo, covered in creamy paint.

Edited by absolve2525

Duder - Read the whole posting carefully. They have two. One w a "bracket", the other without.  Lars

If I click on the link you sent, it only states one horn with bracket..  No biggie, at $20.00, its still a steal of a deal.

The "seller notes" section indicates that "“No compression driver is included; horn and bracket as shown only. We have another horn (no bracket) available, so please contact us for the pair (one w/bracket; 1 w/o)

In my experience that has meant that the seller will sell the second item for the auction selling price of the first item.

I see it now, my mistake.  I wonder why he told me on the phone that he only has one.  Maybe he sold the other without updating the listing.