SOLD: Velodyne MiniVee 8" compact 1000W subwoofer - Indianapolis

Edgar_in_Indy

SUBWOOFER HAS SOLD FOR THE ASKING PRICE

I need to fund a big subwoofer upgrade for my home theater so I'm (reluctantly) offering some nice speakers for sale.

Up for grabs is the mighty Velodyne MiniVee subwoofer. This is a sealed subwoofer with an 8" driver powered by a 1000W RMS /2000W "Dynamic" power subwoofer. The crazy thing is how tiny it is...approximately 10"x10"x12". This tiny little sub is solid though, and at 33 lbs it feels like you're picking up a cinder block when you move it.

Given its small size, it's perfect if you need to hid a sub but don't want to sacrifice sound, or you just want something smaller, such as for use with a 2.1 computer speaker system.

2s.jpg

Reviewers and owners rave about the performance of the MiniVee, and here's a couple links to reputable professional reviews:

I'm asking $430 shipped for the subwoofer, and local pickup is available. I also have a pair of ELAC B6 speakers for sale in another ad.

3s.jpg

1s.jpg

Edited by Edgar_in_Indy

Is the MiniVee the 8" or 10" model?

thanks

Sorry, it's the 8". I don't think the 10" is made anymore, so the "new price" in my post refers to the current price for the 8". I'll update the original listing. Thanks!

FYI, I also owned the 10" model in the past. Although I never listened to both side by side, the performance is very similar from what I recall of the 10". I remember seeing frequency graphs of the two subs at some point, and it seems like the 10" went a bit deeper, but the 8" had a bit more volume in the mid-bass range.

The 8" model has a smaller cabinet, and is approximately two inches smaller on each side than the 10" model, so it is easier to hide. (10.9"x10.4"x12.8" vs 12.75"x12.375"x14.5")
Edited by Edgar_in_Indy

Owned one of these in Japan for a couple years. Great little subs!

Funny how many of us are into photography. Although I can't really say I'm into it a ton. Camera comes out maybe twice a year. Sad. I've got a lot of money into all that stuff.

Owned one of these in Japan for a couple years. Great little subs!

Funny how many of us are into photography. Although I can't really say I'm into it a ton. Camera comes out maybe twice a year. Sad. I've got a lot of money into all that stuff.

Yeah, pound for pound and inch for inch, I think the MiniVee is hard to beat.

I've found that by adding more-compact options to my camera kit, I'm much more likely to take my cameras out and shoot with them. I picked up the Panasonic GX7 last year, which is an m43 camera, and it gets way more use than my APS-C DSLR. It's amazing how small and light the lenses are. I own an m43 fisheye lens that I could literally slip into a jeans pocket (Olympus 9mm fisheye).

And I've also owned some of the high-end compacts, such as the Panasonic LX-100 and the Sony RX-1. It's amazing how much quality they can squeeze into a small camera, as long you're willing to pay a little extra for it (kind of like the MiniVee!)

Edited by Edgar_in_Indy

• 1 month later...