Quartets....worth the drive?

pat_in_dfw

I ran across a pair of Quartets for sale that appear to be in good condition.  The problem is that they are about a 3 hour drive one-way to get them.  The seller has offered to drop the price down to $150 for the pair.  I have a pair of KG4s right now that are in my primary listening system and I'm almost finished restoring a pair of Heresy I's (just waiting for a set of caps to arrive) that I plan to sell.  How to the Quartets compare in the lineup of Klipsch speakers?

How to the Quartets compare in the lineup of Klipsch speakers?

I have owned two pairs of Quartets and loved them both.  Sold both pairs at different times because I needed $$$ and the other paid for fuel for a vacation trip my family took to Chicago.  I still own my HI's and HII's.

Bill 

• Like 1

I have a pair of KG4s right now that are in my primary listening system and I'm almost finished restoring a pair of Heresy I's (just waiting for a set of caps to arrive) that I plan to sell.

Yes sell the KG4's over the recapped Heresy I's.  You "may" even get $200.00 for them and then it would be a wash with the Quartets.

Bill 

How to the Quartets compare in the lineup of Klipsch speakers?

They're better than KG4s and heresies.  Just below forte IIs.

Personally I prefer the Heresies over the Quartets but both sound extremely good. That is a steal for $150 by the way.