Altec Lansing Valencia 846A Speakers - $1500 (Grays Lake, IL)

opusk2k9

From post:

Selling my set of Altec Valencia Speakers. They are model 846A and are 16 Ohms. I took pictures of the insides as well as the outside.

The only real issue is some damage to one of the wood lattice grills. Lots of people take these off because they want a normal more modern black cloth grill and sell their old grills online. I never tried to get them off but I hear it's held on by 6 tiny nails and the pops out once you remove the nails.

Other than they they are VERY CLEAN for being around 50 years old. My camera sort of sucks and is picking up shadows of items in the area near the speakers. The wood is beautiful and those dark rectangles are just shadows.

Oh, yeah, they sound fantastic too. Just 10 or 20 watts and these babies get going. They sound best with tubes but a good quality solid state amp makes these boogie as well.

They each have an N800 crossover, an 806A 16 Ohm horn driver and a 416-16Z woofer.

Act now as you won't see another set of these locally for some time.

Local pick up only. These weigh around 100 lbs each. They are HUGE as well so bring a minivan or something. I can have them hooked up so you can hear when you pick them up.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/5515510156.html

No affiliation.