Anyone have experience with ARC on LG TV using Pioneer Receiver?

AaronB123

I have been trying to get ARC to work on my LG 55UB8200 tv all last night my brother and I were working on this and for the life of us couldn't get it to work. We tried different HDMI cables thinking maybe the one we are using isnt compatible, went through all the settings with a fine comb and nothing seems to work. The receiver is a Pioneer Elite VSX-90 ARC is enabled in the receiver and on the TV. We are using the correct HDMI output on the TV that says ARC and tried them all just to make sure. 

Through my research the only thing I saw was that some people said you need to enable SIMLINK but that seems to be isolated to TV's with WebOS which mine does not have (2014 model) I checked the menu several times for SIMLINK and cannot find anything like it. I found a similar thread on AVS forum but the person that made the most got no responses so I figured I would give it a shot and see if anyone here might know a solution. 

I am absolutely clueless, my brother has a Sony TV and uses ARC flawlessly. 

Sorry, no help here. I just went thru this last week with my Sharp. All of the sudden it started working. I did have to set my Marantz pre-pro to TV Sound as the input (that change didn't help at first).

• Like 1

Only thing comes to my mind is to be sure that the HDMI out from receiver being used is for sure the one marked ARC.

It's all controlled at the receiver level.  Double/triple check all the settings related to HDMI and that specific output plug.

• Like 1