HDMI Switch Boxes

The History Kid

I am in the process of redoing my own system in my room, and that means moving some things off the actual home theater center and onto their own stand. I've opted to do this with my gaming consoles and potentially my DAC and Laptop. (The latter two options aren't all that likely though right now because of logistics.)

Does anyone have a recommendation of a good HDMI switch box I could put on this mini-tower? I'd like to limit the amount of wires running across the room, and because of that I'm looking to just have a simple switch box there (as I'm toying with the idea of expanding that tower to include 3 or 4 systems instead of 2).

I know that HDMI switching in the past has been kind of sketchy, so I'm looking to advice of the forum members. I should also add that I'd like for it to play nice with my AVR - so while I have the inputs on the TV, I'd like the box to be managed by the AVR.

Thanks guys!

I also had two from Monoprice; the first one lasted about 5 years and then became problematic due to PBJ sandwich type goo on the input selector, The second has been motoring along for a year or two.