Subwoofer Opinoins

jailer180

I looked at the SW-112 but I was thinking of getting one with a frequency response a little above the 120 Htz. Also, I think a down firing sub might work better for my room since it won't be near the front speakers.

Edited by jailer180

Hmmm, I didn't notice the SW-112 only went up to 120hz. Interesting on the amp the Lowpass knob ranges from 50-150hZ. 

The quintets are rated down to 110 hZ so if you crossed the sub at 120hZ you should have it all covered, just my opinion. 

And I believe the SW-112 would outperform the other subs that you mention, and keep it in the Klipsch family. There are certainly much better subwoofer offerings than Klipsch but with a $200 budget I think you would be hard pressed to find one better than the SW-112.

Few more questions......Is the SW-112 good for music and not just HT? Will it sound good even at lower volumes? Also, I'm only pushing 75 watts per channel at 8 oms. Will this sub overpower my quintets? Denon AVR S510BT. Thanks for your input. Greatly appreciated!

Edited by jailer180

You cannot judge a subwoofer on frequency response alone, many are rated well over 100 Hz and get muddy over 40-60 Hz.

Unless you like listening to something similar to this i suggest you go out and listen to a few.

Placement can cause issues as well, you will need to do some placement work once you find the right one.

• Like 1

Few more questions......Is the SW-112 good for music and not just HT? Will it sound good even at lower volumes? Also, I'm only pushing 75 watts per channel at 8 oms. Will this sub overpower my quintets? Denon AVR S510BT. Thanks for your input. Greatly appreciated!

That's what volume knobs are for, and HP cuts.

I sincerely doubt you'd use all 75 watts (or whatever the AVR is actually rated at with all channels driven) anyway.

Few more questions......Is the SW-112 good for music and not just HT? Will it sound good even at lower volumes? Also, I'm only pushing 75 watts per channel at 8 oms. Will this sub overpower my quintets? Denon AVR S510BT. Thanks for your input. Greatly appreciated!

ive owned a lot of subs in my time. The sw-112 is one of them. Bought 6 of them used for dirt cheap. Couldn't stand the sound of them. My wife didn't like them. Even had one hooked up when my mother in law was visiting from out of state. And she was like "steven your bass sounds funny". I asked what she meant and she's just said didn't sound like it used to. Super boomy very one notey subwoofer. Probably one of my least favorites I've had in my setup ever.