Upgraded VRDS Sale SOLD

A1UC

Just for the record Paul is pretty much always spot on with his reviews , I don't want to say always because his head will swell up . But he does have a good ear and I have found him to almost always be right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dude, I work on solid state. You miss that part? I have hooked up every solid state amp you can think of damn near, and the VRD's do just fine.

Yes, solid state is punchier, NO QUESTION. That is what it does best. However, I get more focused and tuneful bass with the tubes in my system.

Sensitivity of the speaker means very little. It is how easy of a load the speakers present to the amplifier. The Pearl's are some of the least demanding speakers on the planet, sensitivity be damned.

I listen to solid state in the hottest summer month's. I like solid state. But I love tubes for critical listening.

I will use my SS amp the same way. We think alike.  I have been an electronics tech since the late 70's.

its all good , Im not going to be all sore like eth when I stole his speakers

May your woofer stay shrunk to the size of a tweeter!

Sad to say that happens to most as they age! So then it gets to the point where "you can't rooster like ya usta"

Edited by 2Bmusic

I have only had a few minutes to listen and I have to go back to work. Up to this point they sound Extremely >>>>  all of the wonderful adjectives you care to inject!   ME LIKEY!!!! 

Thanks everyone for you sage advise!