Another combo question.

Hi,  just wondered if any one demo'd The Chorus ll vs the KLF-30.  They seem similar but is one better in the bass department and is one better in the mids or tweeter range?  Also which would be better in a 14' x 21' x 9' high room with a 25 watt tube amp.

Steve

Ya know Steve I would love to get a set of the KLF-30.... I don't see them around my parts very often.

I'm kinda building a HT system and I snagged a KLF-C7 so I would like to get the KLF-30's.... one day maybe??

But yes a side by side of the Chorus and KLF-30 would be cool..... Hmmmmm let's see.... two 12's vs one 15 in the bass department.....

Going by some specs...looks like the KLF-30 is one db more efficient than the Chorus @ 1 watt.... 101 vs 102

All I can say is....The Chorus I's or II's ROCK..... a few watts and they are jumping....but they can take a lot of power with no problem..... yea would like to compare them for sure...

MKP :-)

• Like 1

Hi, just wondered if any one demo'd The Chorus ll vs the KLF-30. They seem similar but is one better in the bass department and is one better in the mids or tweeter range? Also which would be better in a 14' x 21' x 9' high room with a 25 watt tube amp.

Steve

I've owned Chorus II's and KLF20's (and listened to 30's)... My opinion:

From about 40Hz on up the Chorus II is one of the smoothest most accurate speakers Klipsch has ever made. Very snappy, accurate bass and just great through the mids and high end.

The KLF is going to dig down deeper (mid 30Hz) and is definitely "punchier" and will thump you pretty good with a nice amp. I think it sounds more forward than the Chorus mainly because the midrange and tweeter sit up higher.

Both of these speakers crave good, solid high wattage amps. I ran my Chorus II's for a while with a McIntosh MC7270 (270 wpc) and loved the sound. My KLF20's were hooked up to an older Carver 6250 receiver that puts out nearly 150 wpc and capable of higher peaks.

I think the KLF's would work better with a lower powered amp, as the bass on the Chorus needs some watts to come alive. But if you really want to use a 25 watt tube amp, (as mentioned above) then get a pair of LaScalas for a room that size and put them in the corners on the long wall.

Both are great speakers... If you listen to more rock/metal, rap, electronic/dance then go with the KLF's. If there's some jazz and/or classical in the mix, I think the smoother mids/highs of the Chorus would get the nod.

• Like 1