Can you please help identify these Cornwalls?

tlarwa

I'm thinking about going to check these out, but am a little confused about their details.  I looked in the Klipsch Heritage reference data guide, but am still a little confused.  They say "CII" but the labels only have Cornwall printed on them.  I do believe they are Walnut lacquer, correct?  Can anyone correctly identify the version?  

Thanks!

01212_idjPKuQt5TR_600x450.jpg  00R0R_d0DPd8KT11R_600x450.jpg00202_fK6pR8F0h1n_600x450.jpg

Edited by tlarwa

Yes, Walnut Lacquer.  CII's with drivers mounted from the front.  They could be the mysterious C 1.5's, I guess it depends on the crossover.  They look nice.

Thanks.  I have asked the owner if he knew what type the crossover was.  Haven't heard from him yet.  Is there a preferable one?

Likely the B-3 crossover.  At some point you will want to change out the caps.  Be aware though, that if you are not a decent woodworker that lacquer finish is a PIA if it is scratched, chipped, faded, etc.

So I've read (most recently on that thread about the Belle's in Chicago).  Fortunately I am a decent woodworker, so I'm not too concerned about that!  Plus, they look to be in pretty good shape at first glance from the pics.  

1985 and Cornwall II For Sure...

See the front mounted components ?

No B3 Xover in there...

plain old CII Xovers.

(low end of the Cornwall line.)

Rebuild THOSE pups...

Noah

So those would be mounted on the terminal cups?  Not a huge issue to rebuild them ... I did it on my Forte II's when I had them.  Not a big fan of those terminal mounted crossovers though, and it would add some $$ to put new Crites board mounted ones in their place.  

No, not mounted on the cup they are inside the cabinet on the back but they are just soldered together, no terminals or screws other than the ones that hold the crossover board to the back of the cabinet.  Pretty crappy.  No acoustic material in the cabinet either.  Early Cornwall II's but Cornwall II's none the less.  Will still sound great but with some effort will be stellar.

No, not mounted on the cup they are inside the cabinet on the back but they are just soldered together, no terminals or screws other than the ones that hold the crossover board to the back of the cabinet.  Pretty crappy.  No acoustic material in the cabinet either.  Early Cornwall II's but Cornwall II's none the less.  Will still sound great but with some effort will be stellar.

I just got a reply from the seller.  Said they have the Crites Ti diaphragms and stock crossovers (as Frzninvt said, board type, not terminal cup mounted). Asking price is $900.  Fair, or too much?   

Edited by tlarwa