Radiohead

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mobile,

All I can say is Good Post.

DocJ,

Glad you like the tester. Now that you mention it I thought the same thing when I saw the name on mine ! When was the amp going to come to you ? Let me know if you need any help testing things out and bringing it up for a trial run.

Craig

My K brothers, it has and is good to be here.

Uh oh, I'm getting phophetic maybe?

Wolfram, I will need to know your ebay id, otherwise,

Humm, I could use a 81 at work for ,,well just forSmile.gif

Just kidding, I'll bow out of this one.

got the cream of asparagus soup simmering, got the

coals lite and ready. Now would of been nice to fire u

my 81 or Scott still in transit! Frown.gif

Bryan

The seller should be a good shipper with his experience. But make sure you have him double-box. Worth an extra several dollars or Euros to prevent damage. If he doesn't plan to take the tubes out, make sure he stuffs tissue paper around them to protect them.

You'll love the amp.

Thanks Bryan. It'll be interesting to hear how this amp sounds in comparison to my current 300B integrated.

It's of Chinese origin and I know how sceptical most people are towards their products. But I have changed all the tubes and some helping hand has even changed the stock caps. I must say that I am quite pleased with this amp and obviously the EICO using different tubes will sound different. But having read so many positive comments on vintage tube amps, I thought I give it a shot.

Wolfram

Thanks for the link. It might turn into something interesting.

Glad you got it Wolfram! Now the waiting for delivery is most unsettling. Will it arrive safely, will it arrive at all? Those questions that will annoy us until the arrival. I sent out my MO 2 day air but USPS said it would not arrive to Canada until 3 or 4 days. My seller has good feedback but less than favorable write back to my questions. He is a seller for other people from what I can "Extract" from the posts. His english is readable only. From my own personal dealing with patients, sounds asian.

Hope it works for the both of us!!Smile.gif

Bryan

Yes, simply plugging it into the wall won't do! I have already looked for a step-down transformer. They are not difficult to get, but which capacity(?) should they have? I have seen one which can be used up to 500 Watts (sorry for the untechnical language) and has two sockets, so I was wondering if I couldn't use it for my Mc Tuner too (instead of having two boxes getting dusty)?

Wolfram