Klipsch KSW-12 Opinion?

absolve2525

The 12 wasn't too bad but it wasn't really designed for music I don't believe. It has reasonable output and will hit some low notes, they're about $50-$75 good on the used market. The 10's don't have the output and the 15 is really sloppy, sounds grossly underpowered. I think the 12 was best out of that run of subs but still nothing to write home about.

It would probably be better to build a cabinet from scratch.  That way you can be sure it's braced properly and has the correct volume for that driver.  If you go the sealed route, there's a chart that comes with that amp that gives resistor values for gain at certain frequencies.  You can tailor the amp to your particular application.

31 minutes ago, absolve2525 said:

Oh! I didn't realize the amp had those options. I bought it used without manual. Perhaps I can download the manual to get the details. Thanks! 

You can get it from the parts express web site I believe.  All you have to do is purchase and install 2 resistors.  The directions tell you which resistors to swap and what values to buy to get the desired boost at the desired frequencies.