FS/Feeler: KLF30 Med Oak (New England)

jfjacques

Hi folks - 

Up for sale/trade a pair of KLF30. I purchased these from the original owner with the intention of resale and they were in need of some TLC. He had done some makeshift repairs to one cabinet using screws instead of glue and there are some water stains and marks on the tops of both, one worse than the other, grilles were in tact but worn, only one badge in tact. 

I did a light sanding of the cabinets with 0000 steel wool and Howards Golden Oak refinisher and that helped quite a bit. For the one cabinet that was screwed together I did disassemble it - removed the screws and filled the holes, and glued both the entire front and back of cabinet on that one with polyurethane glue. The other cabinet appears to have been glued previously and shows no signs of rattling so I did not touch it. I recovered the frames with new black grille cloth. I am inexperienced in working with veneer and was conservative - I am glad to include the 3/4 bottle of Howards with the sale perhaps with a more coarse steel wool or other treatments more of the top stains would come out. Again one was worse than the other and I tried to take pics to show - the other is not bad at all. The sides of the cabinets are also in good shape there were a couple of minor nics but overall good shape. 

All of the drivers work nicely, they are extremely loud and the amount of bass from this model is incredible. They are the original Klipsch components - no upgrades at this point. Cosmetically they are not perfect, I am glad to take additional close ups. I didn't want to part these out I think someone could really enjoy them - they are too big for my space for sure and I know some may call me crazy the bass is overpowering for my ears - I took my KG5.5 to my basement system in favor of the Forte because the bass was a bit much and these have way more than the KG's. 

I am located in Southern Maine (about 1.5 hours north of Boston). 

Based on feedback and what I've seen these have a broad range, I may be off and open to feedback but I know I need a starting price/asking $850. I may be open to partial trades but I am very specific in what i am looking for (RS-35, RS-3ii surrounds are one item I would consider). 

IMG_2714.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

IMG_2710.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg

IMG_2718.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

It's tough to price some things. Location, condition and phase of the moon all play a part in it...as does how quickly you're wanting to make them leave. Some times it's close to Christmas or mid summer bonus and sometimes it tax season. All can play a part in what someone can afford due to free money or tight times. 

At the end of the day it's down to a seller's and buyer's POV. I'll add that most people on here have enough to go in their needle and spoon that it's tough to make a sale to sell here, unless it's a low price. To get top dollar, CL or dbay might fetch more money. 

GLWS

OK, I'll be honest with you.....guess I'll play the bad guy here....again....the photos don't do them any big favors, as the finish looks dark and uneven.   Perhaps it's the photos themselves, but perhaps not.   The grills are worn and looking dusty.  Certainly appreciate the effort you made, and I'm sure it was with dedication and care.  My opinion on the price considering condition would be $600/$650.  More folks to come along soon I suspect....Good luck with your sale.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

THanks all for the input - I had bought these to flip them, they sound fantastic but just way too big for our space - and I really could use the cash for christmas - I had considered parting them out since the cabs are not perfect but I have a hard time doing that when they sound so damn good!