Gonna need help with my new system....

Rogue007

Hello everyone, just signed up and hopefully I'll be enjoying my new home theater very soon. 

I purchased:

RP-280f (not pictured, will be here later today)

RP-450c

RP-240s (2)

R-112sw

RP-140sa (atmos)

Denon AVR-x3300w

Samsung KS9000 (75")

Xbox One S (2TB)

Samsung Ultra HD player

Panamax power conditioner

....... the help I'll be needing is the cross-over portion. I've always had a bad time setting up home theaters and all the frequencies and crossovers and such. I'm at a loss... I know that the Denon receiver has Audyssey mic for EQ and that'll get me in the ball park. 

this is is my first time buying anything sorta high-end as I usually always bought a home theater in a box, bad I know now but it worked for movies and gaming just fine. But now I'm going all out and I bought what always wanted. 

The installers for the TV will be out Monday to hang it on the wall and after they leave I'll be unpacking all my Klipsch goodies for its install. Yay for me!!!

Ive been watching all I can on YouTube for set-up vids but it seems that something is missing, and something that I'm not getting that's making me worry that it's not going sound right or I could set something up wrong. I worry like that if I don't fully understand something and I'm not confident, until I do fully understand... you know the deal. 

Anyways, just asking if there is anything I should know going in? Please, any advice for a Klipsch noob would be very appreciated. Here's a pic of almost all my gear still in their boxes..... 

IMG_0661.JPG

You paid for Audyssey in your AVR, use it!  Then don't screw with it (there are a million settings), listen to it and see how you like it for maybe a month.

Then screw with the settings.  :emotion-21:  B)

And congrats on the new system, that looks like a lot of fun stuff.  Remember that the room can account for at least 50% of the sound.  Don't be afraid to post pictures and ask about setup.  There are some incredibly helpful people here who can improve the sound of your setup with room and speaker suggestions.

Welcome to the forum.  :emotion-19:

• Like 1

When a sub is used, all speakers are set to small.  Since the woofers use the most power, if the L/R don't have to produce all the lowest notes more power is available for them to play in the sweet spot.  Better dynamics are the result.

• Like 1

Rogue007,

Welcome to the forum.

Nice setup.  Never heard the RP line but many folks on here seem to be pretty impressed.

8 hours ago, Rogue007 said:

Samsung KS9000 (75")

It looks like I may be purchasing the KS9000(65") so let us(me) know what you think about the picture quality, features, interface, etc.

Enjoy,

Bill

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! You have a very nice setup, far beyond any "HT in a box". If you post photos of your room it will help us give you guidance on proper placement etc. I would caution hanging your TV on the wall until you are sure that is the best location for your room acoustics etc. You can actually get more performance from your TV having it on a stand with a florescent or LED back light lighting the wall behind it. I like to use a small fish tank light but there are commercial ones available as well. It makes your blacks much darker and reduces eye strain considerably. If you do hang the TV, make sure it is at eye level when sitting on the couch! Humans evolved to look down and level and its very bad for your neck to have a high TV like some people put over their fireplace etc. This forum is a great community and we love to help set up new systems, you will be playing Battlefield1 at reference level in no time.

Here is a good light from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Luminoodle-LED-TV-Backlight-Background/dp/B01LR3RAVU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478907556&sr=8-1&keywords=television+backlight

Note: Only use white, the colored ones will actually make the screen look less saturated in whatever color the light is.

One question you ask was about the crossover (X).  The XO does a couple of things, protect the speaker and makes for a smooth transition  between the Hi and LF divers.  Audyssey is a good auto EQ progam and will set the XO for you.  Many people like changing the XO but, never change it more than 20 Hz up or down.

Some avr's offer variable XO's.  Unless the speakers are grossly mismatched, there is no advantage of using a different XO on all the speakers.  A global XO will do just as well.  Also, when using a sub, their is no reason trying to set the mains towers as low as possible.  If it makes a big difference, you need a new sub.

Thank you for your replies.....

the TV will be at eye level, it's just I cannot put the TV on top of the center channel as the table mount is too big and will over hang. My TV stand is very low on the ground already and I'm having them put the bottom of the TV just a few inches above the center channel. 

On 11/11/2016 at 4:36 PM, willland said:

Rogue007,

Welcome to the forum.

Nice setup.  Never heard the RP line but many folks on here seem to be pretty impressed.

It looks like I may be purchasing the KS9000(65") so let us(me) know what you think about the picture quality, features, interface, etc.

Enjoy,

Bill

Thanks Bill, I will let you know ASAP about the TV. A friend has the 65" KS9000 and I was impressed so I purchased the 75" as the Samsung DLP LED I currently have is a 67" and I didn't want to go smaller even though it's only an inch or two so I had my mind set on the 75". The 75" is more than double the amount of the 65" for only 10" extra. I got the 75" for almost employee price at $4500 new shipped straight from Samsung themselves. I added the VESA mount and shipping/tax it was close to $5k. 

Since i I don't buy TV's no more than every 6-8 years I supposed it wasn't too bad for the best flagship model that Samsung has, plus I'm partial to Damsung products for the home, iPhone user though ;-)

im looking in forums for the TV and common used settings used for video-philes to get me close to where I want to be. I'll buy a video calibration DISC soon when they release one with HDR settings. They have one now but it's like $200.