Question on HT processor

Coytee

3 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I did a quick google...  is this a DVD player or is it a HT processor?  (I'm looking for a processor and it looks to me like this is a DVD)

The Oppo 105D is a universal player, DAC, streamer, preamp, etc. that can be used as a multichannel preamp for HT.  No room correction of course but useful if you want minimal components in your rack and more direct source>>>speakers/display.

Bill

• Like 2

On 11/11/2016 at 0:32 PM, Coytee said:

Looks like that Xilica unit (8080) only has those euro connectors on the back?

(ugh)

Not sure that I'd want to undo all my XLR connectors to plug them in like that....(though I recall Marvel saying they were a better connection)

I also like the idea of getting a more versitile active.  With the Danley in the mix, my needs went from one Dx38 to now, having two.  If I could consolidate to a single unit, I could dedicate the two EV's to the outdoor MWM toys...

The 3060 that I had, had XLRs... I have to say it was an excellent product!

Euro/Phoenix connectors are better than XLR? Maybe if you're connecting system once and never going to touch it again. I work with Euro/Phoenix stuff all day every day in Industrial Controls and if you're changing stuff out regularly they suck. Just MHO.